Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

V-wing Fighter Pics

I'm pretty impressed. This vehicle would be on my list, but not quite the priority Hasbro has made of it. Still, I wonder if I have the extra Clone Trooper Pilot figures for this one? I don't recall if I ever bought them or not.

Do you think the R2 unit is a dedicated prop piece like the ROTS starfighters carried?

Meanwhile, it looks cool and I plan to purchase 2 of them.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

This is a welcome addition. I didn't know that there were plans to release it so seeing the pictures was a surprise.

I guess Hasbro is capable of surprising some of us.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Well, I'll buy 2 V-wings and try to find some extra Clone Pilots (possibly the black ones) but:

For mid-sized vehicles, how I wished we would get

Gungan Sub
    Padme's star yacht
    Large Homing Spider Droid
    Kashyyyk Droid Army Gunship
    Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
    Wookiee Catamaran
    Clone Swamp Speeder
    Twin Pod Cloud Car

These would have all been a higher priority for me with my diorama needs.

To say nothing of the obvious large vehicles we all want.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The R2 looks like a dedicated head - same as the ep. 2 Jedi starfighter. There's no place for the legs to enter the ship....
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by pegger View Post
    The R2 looks like a dedicated head - same as the ep. 2 Jedi starfighter. There's no place for the legs to enter the ship....
    Definitely. Probably for the best after the way they screwed up the Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter removable droid slot.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Definitely. Probably for the best after the way they screwed up the Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter removable droid slot.
    I don't think they screwed it up.

The proportions were such that it couldn't actually physically work (in the movie or on the toy) and they gave you a piece to resemble how they cheated in the movie with the CGI R2, but also gave you the option of putting your figure in the droid slot.

They gave you an option. It just wasn't a greatly workable option.

It wasn't a screw-up.

It is designed like the ARC-170 droid slot so it fits droid figures that have no feet, since none have removable feet that means they stick out an extra half-inch. That'd be acceptable on some level, but on the Jedi Starfighter they screwed up further and made the cavity off-set inside slightly so droid slot top doesn't line up with the bottom half quite right, and the droid body has to be jammed in there as tight as possible and the feet are wedged in because the seams are aligned slightly off so the end result is bent mangled droid or it just won't fit at all. It was screwed up so it can't even hold figures in the inaccurate way it was designed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

betch betch betch... LOL

I do like the V-Wing, though. I'd love to get it, but we'll see.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

From the pictures, it look pretty cool, but I think my vehicle-buying days are over.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    It is designed like the ARC-170 droid slot so it fits droid figures that have no feet, since none have removable feet that means they stick out an extra half-inch. That'd be acceptable on some level, but on the Jedi Starfighter they screwed up further and made the cavity off-set inside slightly so droid slot top doesn't line up with the bottom half quite right, and the droid body has to be jammed in there as tight as possible and the feet are wedged in because the seams are aligned slightly off so the end result is bent mangled droid or it just won't fit at all. It was screwed up so it can't even hold figures in the inaccurate way it was designed.
    I am just going to buy extra droids and cut them to fit.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.