Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Package - Your thoughts?

So, after reading the news, what do you think of the new package?
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Wasn't the entire point of Force Files to justify a generic cardback and, thus, lower production costs?

And why can't they keep with a decent pack-in for a decent amount of time?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hehe...

At least there weren't any spelling mistakes on this card, as far as I could read it.

Thumbs down

I have no clue why Hasbro has gone to such great lengths to continually alter the packaging. It seems like the minute they settle on something, they go and change it. I wasn't a HUGE fan of the FORCE FILES, but it was better than NO pack-in. Oh, well. What can you do? Boycott the line so that they cancel it altogether? I suppose not.

Sheesh!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Arrow

I wish Hasbro would just make up their minds on what they are going to do. I don't care, as long as the price does not go up.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

no loss on the force files...

...the image on the front of the new card could be a little bigger; there's a bit of dead space between the top of that image and the Vader/Obi Wan one!

It'll make it easier on me.

I have e-mailed Hasbro asking about a price change. I'll post what they say as soon as they reply.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Thumbs down

Thumbs down on no pack-in if the price stays the same. I like the new packaging in that it's specific for each figure. I still wish we could get something akin to the vintage cards with a huge picture of the character on the front and a checklist on the back.

Why, oh, why can't we get a decent pack-in like a figure stand?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

For me, the Force Files will not be missed, though I would hope the lack of a pack-in would result in a lower price-point. I somehow doubt it, but it may prevent a price increase. As pack-ins go, the only kind worthwhile would be a figure stand as has been often suggested, but then that would be tantamount to Hasbro admitting that thier figures don't stand on thier own!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Yes, no force file should equal a cheaper price. But, my guess is that the price will stay the same, if not go up. I will not miss the force file.

It is not clear to me that getting rid of the force file saves Hasbro any money. Sure, it costs money to make the force files different for each figure, but now they will have to make different cards for each figure, UNLESS, they just slap a sticker photo on....