Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    LOL Thanks for the pc class Nexu! How much do I owe you???
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

First one's free of charge.

Originally posted by Nexu
    First one's free of charge.
    That's how they hook you!

Besides Nexu's point about IP changing, there are other technical reasons that are equally complicated. But the short answer is "no".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

For NT, 2000 you go to command promt and type:

for basic information:
    ipconfig

for more detailed information:
    ipconfig /all

This will give your IP address.

BTW, good explanation Nexu.

Im not a newbie, although my posts may reflect that, but I did sign up using my hotmail account, which like others, I use for sites that dont really need my true personal email.. at first anyway. Of course this site has reflected a positive towards filling my inbox with worthless stuf***e, and I appreciate that - not like it matters anymore, as Spam seems to lurks EVERYWHERE... I would however, like to know ahead of time though, if I'll need to change my email to remain a part of the group. I may not get here as often as I would like, so please keep me informed..

Thanks!
    Tsmo!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

What about those who don't have personal e-mail accounts because they use a college PC which is shared and non personal.
    Shared use is rife. You gonna ban them outright just cuz they don't have a personal IP addie? That sucks - and blows - both at the same time. Not everybody can afford the luxury of a PC. So the only alternative for them is to use a crummy internet cafe or a college PC bank machine. You're going to exclude the unfortunate then just for being that - unfortunate and poor. BOOO sucks to you!

There's always webtv.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)