Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A MGS moive,now that would sweet!
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

I heard a rumor a while back that scripts were being produced for a movie but have heard nothing since. I too would like to see one ! They should get David Hayter to play Snake in the movie too because that voice is brilliant, I don't think anyone could speak Snake like Hayter does .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I heard that they made a movie of Metal Gear (the first game) back around 1989, and supposedly Kurt Russell was Snake, and Sean Connery was Big Boss. Is this true?

I don't think so there is no record of it on the Internet Movie Database, plus I didn't know Big Boss was in the very first game, but I've never played that one so I could be wrong. I've only played the ones that's on the PlayStation.

PENDO!
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I think they should cast Hugh Jackman,he looks like Snake by a long shot.Kurt russel played Snake in escape from L.A.
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

Yeah Hugh Jackman would be a good Snake but I still say they should dub his voice with David Hayter's.

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

They could just do the movie CG since didn't it originate in Japan? I think they would want a version too. They just redub it with the voices we all know and love and ship it here...
    MGS was probably one of the best 5 games for psx, if not the best, never got a chance to play mgs2. I'm going to probably get substance when it goes to PC...
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

I wouldn't watch it if it was CG!! I totaly HATE CGI!!!!! That would be the worst thing to do!!! Why can't they just re-dub the voices of the real actors?? Also I think it would be an American film and not Japanese because America has a bigger film industry than Japan.

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

Originally posted by Pendo
    I wouldn't watch it if it was CG!! I totaly HATE CGI!!!!! That would be the worst thing to do!!! Why can't they just re-dub the voices of the real actors?? Also I think it would be an American film and not Japanese because America has a bigger film industry than Japan.

PENDO!
    Ok, then maybe I'd be the only one seeing it if it was done with computers....

Well, it'd be harder to get the lips line up if it was dubbed with real actors
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

Pendo,

when final fantasy first came out in theatres, i totally rejected the CG concept of a film. but the more i watch it, the more i like it. and face it, episode 2 was almost 70% CG it seems. lucas would of probably gotten better performances out of CG characters.

the video game metal gear 2 is almost a movie itself. way too many cutscenes for me.