Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Calling any Floridans (?)

Eh up folks

Is anybody going to the Star Tours ride this summer?

It's just that I want the 3 droid figures that are available there (especially R3-D3).

I know that somebody went for those Star Tours pods last year.

If anybody is going, could you give me a shout and I will send the dosh.

Cheers

BC3

Theres actually 4 now. 6 figures are actually rumored, but not confirmed. Although we're 4 down, so we'll find out soon enough.

Here's the thread about the 4th: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...threadid=12429 - You might try posting there to ask.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

unfortunately i have no plans on going to orlando this summer. everytime we go in the summer months, it's always horrendous. the lines are way to long, the weather is totally uncooperative, and we usually end up wishing we never came.

i do plan on going in the middle of september for emily's birthday, so i will definately check then. (the best times for going to orlando is september and october, then january and february)

jt, are you headed to anahiem anytime soon?
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Hey GSJ

Thanks anyway - if nobody is going before September, I'll take you up on that offer.

Cheers

Jim

Exclamation looks like our MMickeyMMouse locals (gsj & jt) are about to be conscripted. . .

. . .into StarTour Fig Roundup Duty, that is
    sign me up for 2 of the 1st 3, one of that lameass 4th and at least one each of any 5th & 6th figures (toyko joe'll want one of each i'm sure; meanwhile, i'll decide whether i want the 1st 3 when i see em in person, & if i don't i'm sure i can find Someone to trade em to )
    vt

Disney's press release said these figures were limited to the "Once Upon a Toy" store in WDW in Florida, so I dunno if they'll ever be at DL, but I'll check when I go in the next 30 days.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Het JT

If they HAVE got them, if you could pick them up for me, I'll send the cash plus trans-Atlantic postage.

LMK

Cheers

BC3

I'm pretty broke right now but I'll see what I can do.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This just in from one of the R2 builders...

"As some of you know I live In So Calif. and I have a disneyland annual passport and go often .
    I asked about them on my last trip on the 4 th of july and was told that the ones released in
    Florida were put out premature and pulled off the shelves and are due for release in August and will only be available at the Disney parks that have Star Tours.
    Apparently it got both Disney & Lucas film very up set to see them being released so very early!
    I asked if they would be available thru the fan club mag.
    and the didnt have and info on it.
    But Im told that there will be a star speeder planned to fit the action figures later . "

So I guess we'll have 2 wait just a little bit longer

jeddah

Forget the initial post.....

just bagged an R3-D3 at a hugely inflated price on Ebay.

Cheers anyway

BC3