Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Chosen One?

The Chosen One?

I know it has been officialy announced that Anakin IS the chosen one, but would anybody prefere it to have been Luke? By it being Luke it shows an error by Qui-Gon, it also shows an error by the Jedi Council by allowing him to be trained. If he wasn't trained then the Jedi would probably still be around during the Empire.

I'd rather it be Luke because we grew up with Luke, he is the original hero and I think he deserves to be the chosen one.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

He was the sequel. Anakin the "chosen one" turned to the dark side and brought balance to only the dark side of the force, I'm guessing the "chosen one" status was passed onto Luke from Obi-Wan's "that boy was our last hope" comment, and while Yoda did speak of Leia as being another hope, Luke was still the strongest in the force it seems. So perhaps the force got tired of Anakin and made Luke the chosen one for another try at bringing balance to the force.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Question choosey

Seemed like there was not much "chosen one" talk in Episode II. I hope they make more sense of it in III. Like what exactly is expected of the Chosen One; what does the prophecy predict? What Prophecy is this anyway? are there Jedi Prophets? what other prophecies are there? And who chooses the Chosen one? Seriously, this "Chosen One" business is a whole new ball of wax.

There are (or were) Jedi prophets (like Nostradamus). As well as artists, and more. The Jedi had their own culture!

This is all EU of course. But if you want any kind of answer...EU is where you have to go. And the prophecy of the "Choosen One" is supposed to go WAY back. Were talking thousands of years. I believe it goes back past the Sith Wars.

Anyway, the best way I have heard it described is this:

The Jedi were/are a force of good...or light side of the force.

With only one or two Sith lurking around. And maybe an occasional Dark Jedi now and then. The Force was tilted too far towards the light.

Anakin becomes Vader and helps hunt down and destroy the Jedi. When he is done there are Yoda, Obi-Wan, Vader and Sidious (The Emperor).

Thus balance is brought to the Force.

But that's just one theory.

It is not quite know what is meant by "balance to the force" and not even starwars.com knows what it means because a while back they asked in a poll what the fans thought it meant. It either means there are the same amount of jedi and sith (yoda and Ben, Vader and Sidious) or it could mean the end of the Sith (Anakin killing Palpatine). Either way Anakin looks like the chosen one, but Luke could easily be made the chosen one by being the one to convert Anakin back and standing up to the sith.

PENDO!
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Luke was a just part of the puzzle. But Vader was the puzzle.
    Some theorize that Vader ultimately killing Palpy was what brought balance to the force and that Luke was what helped Vader reach that point.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

balance to the force

I think that "Balance to the Force" means the end of the Sith order forever. That's what Vader achieved at the end of ROTJ. long long ago they thought the Sith were gone, but they were in hiding and they came back.

I don't think that "balance to the Force" simply means the same amount of Jedi's and Sith lords. The Force is a good and natural power. The Sith were corrupting it for evil. The Dark Side is not just the flip side to the Force, it's a twisted corruption of it.

Take Yoda's explanation of the Force to Luke on Dagobah. The Force flows through all things, rocks, trees, nature. It is tied to life itself. The Dark Side is not necessary to sustain the Force. the Force exists in spite of the Dark Side, not because of it.

- take the natural ecosystem on Earth, the trees, the animals, the air and water. The destruction of all this would be de-forestation, polution, and extinction of entire species. The "balance of nature" is not when there are an equal amount of trees in the forest as there are bulldozers knocking them over. Balance is achieved when the destructive forces stop.

ok, luke was a major part, i think, because he was the one who made anakin 'bring balance' by killing the emperor, and by that mortally wounding himself and evebtually killing himself.
    i think ( but this is only a thought) that in episode 3 palpatine kills padmé with the dark side lightening, and that when he starts to do it to luke, vaders thoughts return o him about palpy killing the love of his life, and can tstand his son to be killed in the same way, alos seeing luke become as powerfull as he was to be, with out his turn to dark, made his light feelings flow back to him, also i think he misses obi-wan, as he was like his father, because at the end of ROTJ, obi-wan and anakin are talking and laughing, like father and son!
    hayden christensen's girl, at your service

Originally posted by hayden's_hunnie
    i think ( but this is only a thought) that in episode 3 palpatine kills padmé with the dark side lightening, and that when he starts to do it to luke, vaders thoughts return o him about palpy killing the love of his life, and can tstand his son to be killed in the same way
    That would be cool!!! I deffo want Padmé to die in Ep3 and that would be a cool way to kill her off (I want Anakin to kill her though).

Originally posted by hayden's_hunnie
    also i think he misses obi-wan, as he was like his father, because at the end of ROTJ, obi-wan and anakin are talking and laughing, like father and son!
    I don't think he misses Obi-Wan otherwise he probably wouldn't have killed him like he did. I think something will hapen in Episode III that will make Anakin hate Obi-Wan. (He sleeps with Padmé )

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

Re: balance to the force

Originally posted by Wookiee
    I think that "Balance to the Force" means the end of the Sith order forever. That's what Vader achieved at the end of ROTJ. long long ago they thought the Sith were gone, but they were in hiding and they came back.

I don't think that "balance to the Force" simply means the same amount of Jedi's and Sith lords. The Force is a good and natural power. The Sith were corrupting it for evil. The Dark Side is not just the flip side to the Force, it's a twisted corruption of it.

Take Yoda's explanation of the Force to Luke on Dagobah. The Force flows through all things, rocks, trees, nature. It is tied to life itself. The Dark Side is not necessary to sustain the Force. the Force exists in spite of the Dark Side, not because of it.

- take the natural ecosystem on Earth, the trees, the animals, the air and water. The destruction of all this would be de-forestation, polution, and extinction of entire species. The "balance of nature" is not when there are an equal amount of trees in the forest as there are bulldozers knocking them over. Balance is achieved when the destructive forces stop.
    Exactly.
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum