Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What is the story on Oliver Ford Davies?

Just having seen AOTC for the sixth time... I noticed Oliver Ford Davies shaking during his scene. Was he ill, stricken with old age or did he do this to portray Sio Bibble's character having aged? Just curious.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Well that is only his head, and not his body. They filmed somebody else on location in Spain, and in London they filmed Davies' head and stuck it onto the body. So if the body is shaking it is probably not Oliver Davies but the actor portraying his body .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

WHOA that's frickin creepy!
    Didn't they also do the headswappin' thing on Valorum in TPM, the guy who played Bossk did his body but Terence did his head?

Pendo, I'm pretty sure that that is all him. They showed on one of the making of specials that they filmed an empty chair and then added Oliver Ford Davies in afterwards. I think he may have been ill, that's why he couldn't make the trip for filming on location.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Cool, thanx JJB. I just thought they added his head ! Thanx for the info JarJar.

PENDO!
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

That's right, they did film an empty chair, and filmed Oliver at the London re-shoots.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Poor guy... I was a little concerned about him. Now it seems I have reason to be!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Does anyone kow if he's still ill or is he getting better? I hope he doesn't die, especially before finishing Episode III .

Ok that sounded ignorant of me I really don't want him to die !!!

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

Well, he was well enough for the London re-shoots so hopefully he's gotten over whatever was wrong with him. He is getting up there in years though, so we have to consider it a possibility. Actually I can't even find his age, his IMDB.com file is lacking any personal history entries.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.