Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Star Tours Lightsaber

Looks to be the same green Qui-Gon saber that you can find at retail. But will anybody buy this just for the tag and the ST logo on the hilt? Is this piece even real?

Sighted here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1753194553
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greensaber.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	3131  
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Yep, it's real Lord Tenebrous. I read about these a week or so ago. They are also releasing a Star Tours version of the Stormtrooper Blaster, Han Solo Blaster, and Chewbacca's Bowcaster. Here are some pictures from Rebelscum.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Name:	star tours rebel alliance blaster.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	3132  
    Last edited by Beast; 07-29-2002 at 11:54 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Here's the Rebel Allience bowcaster.

Name:	star tours rebel alliance bowcaster.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	3133  

And finally, the Galactic Empire Rifle.

Name:	star tours galactic empire rifle.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	3134  

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Yep, it's real Lord Tenebrous. I read about these a week or so ago. They also released a Star Tours Stormtrooper Blaster, Star Tours Han Solo Blaster, and Chewbacca's Bowcaster. Here are some pictures from Rebelscum.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Star Tours Rebel Allience Blaster:
    This is going to sound like a stupid question JarJarBinks, but why the hell is the Rebel Alliance Blaster red? I don't remember seeing any red blasters in the Saga.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Ah. I guess I was too distracted by the droid hype to notice there was other merchandise.

But role-play items seem to sell well around here, so maybe some kid will be newly inspired and take a bowcaster home. The droid figures are, well...I don't like the atmosphere around them now, it lacks...innocence.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by brandon
    This is going to sound like a stupid question JarJarBinks, but why the hell is the Rebel Alliance Blaster red? I don't remember seeing any red blasters in the Saga.
    Well, when Hasbro re-released the Blasters in the 90's, there had already been alot of laws passed. Quite a few kids pulled toy guns on cops in the late 80's and 90's, so the laws went into effect. They stated that any toys guns manufactured, had to be clearly distingushible from the real thing. After those laws went into affect, Hasbro couldn't release the weapons in their original black color, so they went with Red for Han's, and White for the Stormtrooper one. It's just another case of stupid kids, ruining it for fans that wanted guns that looked like the movie counterpart.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Same reason the Stormtrooper blaster is highly inaccurate and white. They're children's toys and they were to appeal to younger kids when Kenner made them in the mid-90's.

The Qui-Gon saber is getting a little too highly over-used...I guess since it's just really generic.

Edit: And what JJB said I guess.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Bah! Stupid Hasbro is releasing the wrong saber! The green Qui-Gon saber is what killed the first version of this "Basic Lightsabers" line.

(For those who don't know, in '99 for Ep 1, Hasbro released a non-electronic lightsaber that fully collapsed into the handle. The handle and blade were thicker than the electronic versions because they were meant for heavy battling. Unfortunately, the blade was a bit shorter than the already-short electronic blade and Hasbro only released one style of saber hilt with the one color that were both lingering in the electronic version to begin with. When Hasbro finally got around to releasing a companion piece to this QGJ non-electronic saber - the double-bladed non-electronic Darth Maul saber - it was too late, retailers REFUSED to order more Ep 1 product in part because like the rest of the Ep 1 line, the QGJ n-e saber was BOMBING. 3 years later, aka This April, Hasbro learned from their mistakes and released the QGJ hilt and a new Obi-Wan hilt that came in one of 4 different blade colors.)

Personally, I think Hasbro should re-release the POTF2 Darth Vader and Luke Jedi electronic sabers through Star Tours, those would sell like hotcakes!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Personally, I think Hasbro should re-release the POTF2 Darth Vader and Luke Jedi electronic sabers through Star Tours, those would sell like hotcakes!
    Also Anakin's lightsaber for a blue saber plus it could just be called Luke's first lightsaber. Also if they scaled down the mold a little for kids, I remember when I was younger and I got the ROTJ Luke saber and was a little sad that it was pretty big to me.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"