Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

the king is dead--long live the king

in your travels on the internet--i feel it would be appropriate to take a moment and remember elvis presley

as of friday the king will have been gone from this sphere for a quarter of a century

without him--there would be no rock and roll

true--he didn't invent it--but he made it popular--and inspired so many others--among them the beatles, the stones, led zeppelin, and so many other pioneers

he was truly a hunka hunka burnin' love

and to quote lilo, "elvis presley was a model citizen"

rest in peace, elvis--we'll see you in heaven someday
    [font=courier]"looks like i could use some fabric softener"[/font]

Without the king of Rock 'n' Roll Yoda would not have those sideburns in TPM!! I salute you Mr. King!

R.I.P

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

5 years ago during an Aerosmith concert on the 20th anniversary weekend of the King's death, Joe Perry tore through a great rendition of Heartbreak Hotel. I found it very appropriate.

Originally posted by Caesar
    5 years ago during an Aerosmith concert on the 20th anniversary weekend of the King's death, Joe Perry tore through a great rendition of Heartbreak Hotel. I found it very appropriate.
    I wonder if I can find an MP3 of that. It sounds cool.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Here, here!

Elvis was a really generous guy. My grandma was a maid at his Palm Springs many moons ago. If it wasn't for her employment there my dad and uncle would have been out on the street when they were little kids.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

In the immortal words of Emo Philips;

"I would like to pay a tribute to Elvis - hi Elvis..."

Or to quote god knows who it was;

"Elvis, too fat to live - too young to die."

You're all fooled.....Elvis is alive baby!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I just saw that Nicholas Cage just married Elvis' daughter.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I especially like the stories of how crazy he was. He use to ring around his swimming pool and shoot out the lights that were around it with his gun. He also despised Robert Goulay and would shoot the TV every time he would appear on it.

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    You're all fooled.....Elvis is alive baby!
    Yea he's in Siberia playing cards with Hitler and Jimmy Hoffa.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

He just couldn't say no to those fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

And the 50something or other medications he was on at the time of his death.

The way he passed too, on the crapper, man what a way to go. I hope that happens to me when the time comes (that or I die making love to a super model).

I honestly saw an Elvis tribute about 2 hours ago. It's amazing how much of a legend that man has built some 25 years after his death. Little kids were even singing to the songs.

Remember Serendipty from Dogma talking to Azrael (I am paraphrasing) "Even Elvis enlisted during a time of war, and that is why he is the King!"

Long live the king.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.