Three wee points, and I'll be grateful for ANY feedback:
1) I've just discovered that the following POTJ/Saga figures all have interchangeable helmets/headgear:
- Bespin Guard (POTJ);
- Naboo Royal Guard (goatee, maroon outfit);
- Endor Rebel Soldier (Saga - I'm fortunate enough to have both the bearded and the non-bearded versions, thanks to a very good local supplier).
My question (before I buy extra copies of all these figures and try it for myself) is this: has anyone tried swapping any combination of these heads around, and, if so, how well do they fit with regard to head-to-neck size?
I reckon it should be possible to make at least two new versions of each of these three figures, if the heads fit!
2) Also, I have a surplus Bespin Guard from the POTJ Carbon Freezing Chamber playset whose right hand broke off so that I had to reglue it (I later bought a replacement).
I'm minded to swap his head onto a separate POTJ Bespin Guard body and use that head elsewhere, but I'd appreciate knowing in advance if it will fit without too much paring.
3) Has anyone considered making a custom Bail Organa from the head of EITHER the Endor Rebel (bearded) OR the Naboo Royal Guard and a body TBC (Chancellor Valorum)?
I'm very much a beginner at customizing (haven't done much more than removal and re-application of paint and ink before), so I'd be grateful to hear of anyone who's made any headway in this area.
If I don't get any feedback on this in the next week or three - depending on how well I can get hold of duplicates of the figures in question - I'll try to post photos of any progress I make here in these fora; but any advice from anyone who's been there already would be great.