Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hoth Accessory lameness....

This is probably old news.....so if someone has mentioned this already.....WELL EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME!! (In my best Steve Martin voice)......

I noticed the Rebel soldier has the same Schwarzenegger build as the old stuff. Upon closer examination, I noticed 1997 on his foot. Then I started looking close at his face.....now, I could be totally wrong......but is this nothing more than a Hoth Luke with a painted-on black beard!?!

3...2...1... (enter JarJarBinks)
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

It's worse, it's the 1997 Hoth Luke's body with the 1997 Hoth Rebel Soldier's head. Or, in other words, a waste of money.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by bigbarada
    It's worse, it's the 1997 Hoth Luke's body with the 1997 Hoth Rebel Soldier's head. Or, in other words, a waste of money.
    oh my, it's a mutantl.

That little tank thingie looks pretty lame too . . .

I think the Hoth Accessory set isn't all that bad, sure the tank is lame, but it could make an ok background filler with the vintage MLC-3. The Hoth soldier I'm dissapointed in though, instead of this we should've just gotten the generic Hoth Trooper from the Deluxe set.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by rynobot

oh my, it's a mutantl.
    No, if it was a mutant, it would have Patrick Duffy for a leg.

Actually, I don't mind the little head swap they pulled for this figure. What bothers me about it is somewhat hard to explain. I don't know if it is the paint or if it is the plastic they used, but it seems cheap. It feels more like a bootleg figure. And, yes, I have some Korean bootleg POTF2/SOTE figures to compare it to.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

It plain out sucks! I agree that it should have been the figure from the Hoth rebel deluxe set. If I wanted a luke Jedi mutant I'd buy a Luke Jedi and mutate him myself. Can't see the point of the Hoth set at all. The only decent set so far seems to be the most popular Endor victory set. closely followed by the death star set.

But I don't think that Hasbro should ditch the figure with accessories idea. It's a cool way to get a figure and stuff to go with them. They just need to rethink which figures they put out.

Frankly, I'm hoping for a naboo royal guard or Naboo royal security accessory pack at some point but that's just me.

EDIT: I forgot to say that it's only the figure from the Hoth set I don't like. I do like the accessories. I currently have this set and the other three on order, simply to get the accessories. but the figures in the other three sets are far superior to this hopeless Hoth rebel mutant Luke.
    Last edited by Jargo; 08-13-2002 at 03:27 PM.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    It plain out sucks! I agree that it should have been the figure from the Hoth rebel deluxe set. If I wanted a luke Jedi mutant I'd buy a Luke Jedi and mutate him myself. Can't see the point of the Hoth set at all. The only decent set so far seems to be the most popular Endor victory set. closely followed by the death star set.

But I don't think that Hasbro should ditch the figure with accessories idea. It's a cool way to get a figure and stuff to go with them. They just need to rethink which figures they put out.

Frankly, I'm hoping for a naboo royal guard or Naboo royal security accessory pack at some point but that's just me.
    I am a bit dissappointed with the Hoth set. I like the oxygen masks, although I wish there were 3. My 1 year old daughter finds the mini tank amusing. But what does she know?

I'm looking forward to picking up the Endor set. I plan on getting the Death Star set, but I'm not happy with the 2 droids included in the pack.

I like the accessory set idea as well. I'd like to see a one for the Jawas and Ewoks.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Originally posted by Rogue II
    I'm looking forward to picking up the Endor set. I plan on getting the Death Star set, but I'm not happy with the 2 droids included in the pack.

I like the accessory set idea as well. I'd like to see a one for the Jawas and Ewoks.
    I picked up the Death Star Set this weekend and, yaeh, the droids are pretty lame. The mouse droid is just too big, although at least it's an actual finished toy, unlike the previous horrible mouse droid that they couldn't even bother to put a bottom on I kind of like the new one.

But the Interrigator Droid isn't nearly as good as the one that came with Commtech Darth Vader. I'm not sure why they created a brand new, but inferior mold for the accessory pack

But overall I like the set. The Hoth Set I haven't bought yet, because I just really don't like the figure that comes with it, and I'm not too sure I want the acecssories. I would really like to have those oxygen masks and the scanner, but I'm lukewarm about the tank. I think it's pretty neat looking but I don't really want to spend the $10 just for that.

I think it would be really cool if they added an TPM Pack with a mishmash of the last four accessory sets in the Ep1 line. Those were so rare that virtually no one has them and the accessories were very cool.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?