Hybrid View

Awesome review, thanks! I've copied this thread to the Reviews section as well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My Reveiw of the ST Toys

I just bought the Star Tours Droids that are a exculsive to disney. I keeped reading a lot of complaints about these figures. So I decided I'd give a reveiw of what I thought. Unlike a lot of people have been saying that the toys they are not cheap plastic. They are actually very detailed. I have always though the characters from the ride were very cool and always wanted one as a kid.

The only ones I was able to find were captain rex and the G2 droid. Both figures are suprisingly very articulated. Espeacialy Captain REX. I did get to see the R2 droid loose in a display and I also was very impressed with it. The paint job and the see through head is pretty neat. The only minor complaint is the lack of detail on the G2 droid. I expected it to be painted more like Episode one C-3P0. In all these are really cool and are up to par with any other saga figure. . I cant wait for the next set to get the micheivous G2 looking droid who is repairing the R4 in the line.

All I can say is you really should gives these figure a chance. They definetly look a lot better in person. I'm interested in knowing what everyone else who has them thinks.

whats the articulation like on these figures? Is it the standard 6 or what?
    "Ha Ha Ha Hee Hee Hee, I'm a laughing gnome and you cant catch me!" said the laughing gnome....

- David Bowie: The laughing gnome.

It different that the rest I think. I only have two of them. The pilot driod is articulated at it's 3 arms, then 3 points on it's body(neck, and plus 3 sections in its body that you can turn.) plus the visor flips up. Its really pretty cool. The G2 droid can move at it's neck, waste, arms, legs, plus his feet too. so I guess that counts for 8 for the G2. The R2 droid looked like it was the same as any other artoo.

R3-D3 has three points of articulation; head (with clicks!) and both legs. It's a repaint of the Naboo Escape Artoo-Detoo, complete with wheels. The big difference is the clear dome with the new interior detailing. A nice astromech, but not necessarily $10 nice.

"REX" has nine points, much to my surprise. The articulation helps to make up for the Disney EU character design, which is more Buck Rogers than Star Wars.

I was lucky enough to pick up RX-24 and G2-4T for below cost (10.00 even and no tax). I am not at all impressed with the accuracy of G2-4T. I have not even been to Star Tours and just comparing the toy to the photo is a disappointment. On the other hand RX-24 appears to be a very good likeness from just comparing him to the photo. I will be getting them all just to add to the droid ranks in my collection. I believe they will come in handy as diorama fillers.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

BTW, I don't know why this says it's my thread, it's clearly not. Sorry about that.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    BTW, I don't know why this says it's my thread, it's clearly not. Sorry about that.
    Okay, this is the first time I've ever seen that happen.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

2nd time, seems to be the same prob from the same time period (the other was Tycho's Electronic Jango & Obi-Wan review in the reviews section) - I copied a thread into another a section and then it was moved again by someone else.