Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would Vader have turned on his own?

If Luke would not have influenced Vader's GOOD tendencies would Vader still have remained evil.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I think Vader would have remained evil without Luke!! Vader would have no reason to turn back with out him. Luke (and Leia?) was the only bit of good left in Anakin and when he saw Luke standing up to the Emperor and making the sacrifice of I'd rather be dead than on the Dark side, Vader realised that his son had done what he could not. This brought out all the good in Anakin's soul and helped him to make the right choice and kill the Emperor.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Pendo has just answered that question beautifully, no more comments!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

I think it would have gone down 1 of 2 different ways depending on how things looked for Luke...

Either:
    * Vader defeats Luke and remains the man he was;
    -or-
    * Vader uses hatred in Luke to help him defeat the Emperor and Vader takes Luke as his Sith apprentice.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What about the 3rd option, JT. Luke defeats Vader, and takes his father's place at the Emporer's side. He definatly was angry enough that that could have been a possible outcome. If he wouldn't have held that final strike against Vader. Of course, if any of those things would have happened, Luke, Vader, and The Emporer all would have died on the Death Star anyway.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    What about the 3rd option, JT. Luke defeats Vader, and takes his father's place at the Emporer's side. He definatly was angry enough that that could have been a possible outcome. If he wouldn't have held that final strike against Vader. Of course, if any of those things would have happened, Luke, Vader, and The Emporer all would have died on the Death Star anyway.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Yea didn't they do a WHAT IF comic on that subject.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Not yet. But I'd wager it'll be the subject of Infinities: Return of the Jedi in the next year or so.

My take is that Vader would've killed Palpatine, taking Luke as his apprentice. Palpatine would've sent his last command to Mara Jade, who would have ended up on the side of the Rebels, possibly training Leia in the Force.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    Not yet. But I'd wager it'll be the subject of Infinities: Return of the Jedi in the next year or so.

My take is that Vader would've killed Palpatine, taking Luke as his apprentice. Palpatine would've sent his last command to Mara Jade, who would have ended up on the side of the Rebels, possibly training Leia in the Force.
    I think you are right. In ESB, Vader did offer Luke to join him and they would rule the Galaxy as father and son.

In ROTJ, when Luke asked Vader to leave the Dark Side, Vader at first said it was too late for him. But, after he tosses Palpy down the shaft, he tells Luke he saved him. To me, that means that Vader would not have turned on his own.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I don't think there is a 3rd option, I don't think Vader would have let Luke take his place at Palpatine's side. Even as he was taking that beating, I think Vader would have still taken the Emperor down and become top dawg. Luke would be whaling on Vader and Vader would somehow turn the tide and take out the Emp.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

How could Vader turn the tide, he had lost his lightsaber and his hand, and it's sort of obvious from his breathing and pained "Ahhh" that he was really not able to stop Luke if he decided to kill him. Besides, again if anything but what happened in the movie had occured, I don't think any of them would have survived anyway. They all would have died when the Death Star exploded.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.