Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Deleted Scene figures, Awesome!!!

Hasbro, you do alot of things wrong.
    No real playsets.
    No stormtrooper packs.
    No generic tatooine residents.
    Still don't have all the droids from the jawa lineup.
    But deleted scene figures from the sandstorm???
    Wow. Wow. Wow.
    I never never ever thought I would get those figures.
    Kudos to the people who thought of that.
    Even us complainers putting out "most wanted" lists never thought of that.
    Great job.

Now can we have a decent playset?
    Death Star?

I agree, I think they're awesome and a great idea!

Of course now, people will say "If you can make figures from the deleted ROTJ sandstorm scene, then why not Camie and Fixer from the deleted ANH scene?"

The quick answer to that would be that Camie and Fixer don't exist outside of that scene. Luke, Han and Chewie are the main characters so there is an appeal even if the scene never appeared in the film.

As much as the ANH deleated scene figures would rock, and i would so buy them, i doubt we'll ever see them...(Though it wouldn't surprise me either if we did.) The Sandstorm figures at first i was like there's no way in %&$# i'm going to buy those %#@!ed things!!! But when i seen them i was kinda sold on them as i am the entire wave. (Which i've never said that about a ROTJ wave, so that's a good thing.

And i agree whole heartedly i want a Death Star Playset as well. But that will never happen...unless side show does it.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

I am going to pass on these deleted scene figures.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I fail to see the point of these. No one was asking for them.
    I am the modern man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Roboto View Post
    I fail to see the point of these. No one was asking for them.
    Yeah, that's my thought too.

I'd have much rather had Toryyn Farr or some much needed resculpt (Ponda Baba for example).

Sadly I'll get the deleted scene figures. They are supposed to come with a droid piece, so there is that added little bonus at least.
    Move along, move along

I like that Hasbro still has the ability to surprise us with awesome new figures we weren't expecting.

This is easily the single coolest Star Wars wave that I've seen since 2004. Especially since it's an entire wave of ROTJ figures that were never made in the vintage days. For a fan of the vintage line, it almost feels like this could have been the 1986 POTF line, if that line hadn't died in 1985. With the exception of Ak Rev, of course; but if Kenner had told me in 1986 that there was a Weequay drummer tucked away in Jabba's Palace, I think I would have believed them.

I won't buy them, but I think they're a great idea.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    Yeah, that's my thought too.

I'd have much rather had Toryyn Farr or some much needed resculpt (Ponda Baba for example).
    Exactly.
    I am the modern man.

If they scene was deleted why bother making the figures? Biggs is a peg warmer in these parts.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten