Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Convention Exclusives: Yes or No?

With Celebration III fast approaching , what are your opinions on exclusive figures for the patrons of conventions and the wider impact on the collecting community?

I refer your attention to the Jorg Sacul figure and the now overly inflated cost he commands, making it difficult for collectors to acquire.

Discuss...

I see no problem with giving something to those collectors who make it to a convention.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Hell no.
    I'm in the UK and therefore can't get to the conventions even if I wanted to.
    I don't like the Jorg figure, but if I did I'd be expected to pay anything from 60-100 to get one on the secondary market. And thats not even including ebay!
    Kadamontaga
    My collections

No, they should be sold everywhere.

I don't see a huge problem with a convention exclusive. Just as long as it's a re-paint, or a figure in a special box or card. I don't ever want to see new figures that were actually in the movies issued as convention exclusives.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thats right...
    There is a need for new figures.

you are right on the nose with that one jarjar.

I don't mind Convention Exclusives- As long as they're not new action figures! If they're reissues, that's fine.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

I'm against them. I'm never able to make the cons these thigns are given away at. So therefore, I lose out! I hadn't a chance in hell of getting Jorg Sacul. And I'm not paying Ebay prices.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

i think the exclusives are fine because the people who travel a long way to get to the conventions or cons whatever the event may be they should be rewarded with exclusive figures thats just my 2 cents
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]CENSORED X 5[/FONT]CENSORED X 5