Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Convention Exclusives: Yes or No?

With Celebration III fast approaching , what are your opinions on exclusive figures for the patrons of conventions and the wider impact on the collecting community?

I refer your attention to the Jorg Sacul figure and the now overly inflated cost he commands, making it difficult for collectors to acquire.

I see no problem with giving something to those collectors who make it to a convention.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Hell no.
    I'm in the UK and therefore can't get to the conventions even if I wanted to.
    I don't like the Jorg figure, but if I did I'd be expected to pay anything from 60-100 to get one on the secondary market. And thats not even including ebay!
    My collections

No, they should be sold everywhere.

I don't see a huge problem with a convention exclusive. Just as long as it's a re-paint, or a figure in a special box or card. I don't ever want to see new figures that were actually in the movies issued as convention exclusives.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thats right...
    There is a need for new figures.

you are right on the nose with that one jarjar.

I don't mind Convention Exclusives- As long as they're not new action figures! If they're reissues, that's fine.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

I'm against them. I'm never able to make the cons these thigns are given away at. So therefore, I lose out! I hadn't a chance in hell of getting Jorg Sacul. And I'm not paying Ebay prices.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

i think the exclusives are fine because the people who travel a long way to get to the conventions or cons whatever the event may be they should be rewarded with exclusive figures thats just my 2 cents