Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What will happen to our Micro Machines forum?

Hi everyone. I'm Robert, and while I'm not a frequent poster (I find I usually have little or nothing to add) I am a avid collector of Action Fleet and a frequent visitor of this board. I bet there's more people out there like me.

I was shocked to read that Sir Steve will be leaving this site. It does bring up the following question: will we (the Micro Machine community) stay here, or will we get a new home on Sir Steves new site www.stevesguide.com?

For "leadership" in this decission I am looking to people like Good Shot Janssen and others of forum fame to let us know what they are doing. I'm feeling that I will follow to where ever the community takes me. I have no specific loyalties to this domain name, only to the crowd in this forum. The worst result I feel this change can have is that we get spread out over two forums, so lets make sure that does not happen!

Exclamation

I hope the forums will stay alive. This was one of the first SW forums where I posted. Have to agree that I mostly posted on the MM section and I have good friends here and want to stay in contact with them.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I feel the same way- loyal to the people, not to the domain.

*SIGH*

I don't know. There's so much data here- almost 10 years worth- that I find it sad that Steve has to part with it. Building a new site will be tedious at best- at most, extremely difficult.

I'll go where VT, JT, Sicqnus, etc.- the vets- go. They've got the connections and the collecting know-how and prowess that I have come to respect.

No forum moving will ever change that

I can't stay under these circumstances, knowing some of the stuff I do about what has lead to this situation, it just doesn't feel right, and I have no idea how Action Online will continue to run the site or even IF they continue to do so, thus I will be going to the new site. It's tough, all of our conversations for the past 5 years have been in here, I don't want to lose that, we've spent more time here than we did on the actual Galoob Buzz Board. The last time we moved was from the old version of the SSG forums to this, we didn't port over our conversations there and it did work out, but I understand this situation may be different for some of you based on how much time has elapsed.

GSJ seems to have disappeared again, I hope he's ok, I know the last unexpected extended absence was due to family situations and probably this is more of the same.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I wonder if the site will continue? I remember for a while there sometime in the last 10 years when Starwarsguide.com lead you to SirStevesGuide.com (don't go there now, though- POP-UP AD CITY!) I wonder if ActionOnline will attempt to get that domain again and go from there?

Either way- if people leave, I leave (and my text-based list of the Titanium Variants go with me! )

This is very depressing - I have at least "lurked" on this site pretty much every day since about 1999 when VT brought me into the fold (I'll be very interested to hear his thoughts).

I suppose if the new StevesGuide.com doesn't have a specific MM/AF/Titanium forum, I'll pretty much migrate to Rebelscum, although SSG was always my prefered forum.

Keep us posted, JT.

BC3

I will volunteer to run the MM forums over there if we have one JT. I just started collecting the Titanium line and have goten some really good info from people here. I hope it continues to the point is has. I have no la\oyalty to action online, but to JT Steve and everyone here and hope to see all on the new boards along with
    Warstars list. WS, it is packed and all giddy for its cross country trip, again, sorry about the delay. Next one....shipping on me.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

YAY! Toys r' good, umm kay?

Thanks for the offer KH- I might have to take you up on that

I'll take the list to the new forum fo sho'.

I snicker at Rebelscum a little for reporting a BR Falcon "Package Variant" (Old Wal-Mart Wave 4 vs. Retail Wave 4) How long have we known about them now? 4? 5 months?

Quite a while we have known this.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by RobertDD
    I have no specific loyalties to this domain name, only to the crowd in this forum.
    The same for me.

I came here when the old Galoob buzzboard was shut down, and I found a lot of people from that old board. Some of them are still here, some other lost the interest in MM or SW, but there is a continuity in the group of people. This is the reason why I hope there will be a MM section in the new forum and we will move all together.

Ciao,
    JediGoofy