Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hey you caught me Pendo! I was editing my post as you posted!!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I believe Lolita was also made in '62.
    Piett
    "Torontogosh! Master Luke inchimini doodoooooo..."

Yah, that was the Kubrick flick.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Every year has it's blockbusters. And every year has it's stinkers. I don't think that any year can really be considered better then the other. The only reason we are seeing these huge epic movies now, is that CGI is allowing those kinds of movies to be made. It's no different then the big movies that were made when stop motion, go-motion, puppeteering, color, and sound was the big new wave of movie making.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Every year has it's blockbusters. And every year has it's stinkers. I don't think that any year can really be considered better then the other. The only reason we are seeing these huge epic movies now, is that CGI is allowing those kinds of movies to be made. It's no different then the big movies that were made when stop motion, go-motion, puppeteering, color, and sound was the big new wave of movie making.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Better yet, what will we say when all movies are CGI and they won't need actors anymore? That day may come as well, so I guess it may be awards for best CGI characters etc. By the way, don't ask me why I posted that, because it's just and idea that popped in to my head.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

There was a sci fi flick in the early 80s that addressed the issue. It was called "Looker"

I think this movie Simone follows in the same vein.

Well, stop motion, go-motion, and puppets never replaced human actors. So I don't really ever see CGI totally replacing actors either. It's fine for things like Shrek, etc. But those full CGI movies seem to be all about the CGI, and not about the plot. Case in point, look at "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The best year for special effects was 1997. That's when the Star Wars Special Edition came out...and that's when Alien Resurrection, The Lost World, and Starship Troopers came out--and all 3 of those movies have effects so good, they could not be done better today.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Pendo, how could you claim '77 as the pinnacle of film and leave out

SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT?!?!?!

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Well, stop motion, go-motion, and puppets never replaced human actors. So I don't really ever see CGI totally replacing actors either. It's fine for things like Shrek, etc. But those full CGI movies seem to be all about the CGI, and not about the plot. Case in point, look at "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    I just thought it could be a possibility if CGI got so far advanced that moviemakers may not need actors on screen anymore. We've seen what they could do with yoda and this is just the beginning. I'm not saying it will happen, but it was just an idea that popped into my head, so why wouldn't movie makers think of this, in say ten or fifteen years? I know it sounds a little crazy, but I'm in that kind of mood today.

Originally posted by DeadEye
    The best year for special effects was 1997. That's when the Star Wars Special Edition came out...and that's when Alien Resurrection, The Lost World, and Starship Troopers came out--and all 3 of those movies have effects so good, they could not be done better today.

That's your opinion DeadEye, think about the films this year, they are in my opinion way more advanced in the special effects dept today then they were in 97. They have better movies this year than 97 and in my opinion they are made better than 97.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!