Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Exactly how rare is the cross version of He-Man

I'm making this a separate thread so it doesn't get buried in the monolithic He-Man threads already here.

I came across several (five or six) cross-version He-Man figures yesterday at an out-of-the-way KB. I've already got the asterix version, but would like to know if it's "rare but don't bother," "rare enough to be a nice addition to a collection," or "snatch up two of these and pay your mortgage for the next three years" rare.

Or should I put it this way: is it rarer than Mer Man?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

At the moment not very, He-Man's four to a case so every case of 'Cross' He-Men that appear have at least four in them. All this stock is from the aborted christmas release however and is no longer in production.

As for its value, well I'd rate it as a rare enough to be a nice addition...

You could always pick up an extra and see what its secondary market value becomes when they are no longer available on the shelves.

Or you could hook up a poor Aussie brother who wants a MOC to go with his loose He-Man and could possibly help out in return with something from the Simpsons? Hmmm?
    "Luke' I am your father!"

"You may be my father, but who's your daddy!?!"

Or you could always pick up one for your favorite gungan forumite that can't find anything but the * version in his neck of the woods. But yeah, it's not super rare. A few of the people on He-Man.org are saying their stores are full of them. So it depends on the area, and whether those stores got the early cases or not.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

What about the Golden Delux He Man? Have you guys seen that one?

Anyway, I can hook you guys up with cross He Man. I know I have a couple and may be able to get a couple. No promises or garuntees yet, but if you are interested let me know and I'll see (I'm at work now and they are at home). I'll just charge actual price plus shipping (I'm not trying to rip anyone off). So, if you want a cross He Man variation just let me know.

Oh yea, clearly these aren't hard to find in my area. I have a couple and have passed on a dozen more. So, that may help. I agree that once the cross version are gone they are going to be gone for good, but we dont' know how long that will take and or the production numbers. They could be even so, the cross version would never be more rare .
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Icatch9, the Silver and Gold Deluxe BS He-Man is a running change. They plan to do a variant in each series, and this was the first series variant. The Silver one came first, and the Gold one is the new version. You can tell that they are planned variants, because the video with Silver and Gold are different.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I see, so they planned to do it just to get more money from collectors and video fans. Makes since, all the toy companies do it and Mattel is notirious for it with Hot Wheels.

So, the gold one isn't a chase figure it's just a change to make him differnt. Make sense to me .

So, no dice on the Cross Variation Jar Jar?
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Despite being number one on the hottest figures in ToyFare, The Cross He-Man is not very rare. He may be rare to an AREA but his total production numbers are quite high. See below.

Mer-Man is very rare, however! One out of 30 figures (six per case, five different cases, first case-all He-Man, Second all Skeletor, Third Five Skeletor one Beast Man, Forth Four He-Man and one Man-at-Arms and one Stratos, Fifth four Skeleltor, one Beast Man and ONE MERMAN in a pear tree).

I got Mer-Man in a K-Mart right after the figures were released. I had read something about him being rare online and nabbed him. I am very lucky because I never saw him again.

So anyway, get him if you are into He-Man (worth it) but not to make lots of money dude.
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Re: Exactly how rare is the cross version of He-Man

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    I'm making this a separate thread so it doesn't get buried in the monolithic He-Man threads already here.

I came across several (five or six) cross-version He-Man figures yesterday at an out-of-the-way KB. I've already got the asterix version, but would like to know if it's "rare but don't bother," "rare enough to be a nice addition to a collection," or "snatch up two of these and pay your mortgage for the next three years" rare.

Or should I put it this way: is it rarer than Mer Man?
    It couldn't be that rare, I found one! I didn't even bother with the asterisk one, I hate how generic that thing looks.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I figured I would grab the iron cross version now, because they are packing the basic asterik version with one of the upcoming vehicles. I believe the basic He-man is being packed in with the new Battle Tank. And Skeletor is getting re-packed with the Battle Ram Chariot.

And Mer-Man isn't rare, though he's currently hard to find. Nothing that is still shipping to stores can really be called rare, IMHO. Especially since Mattel said that they will be shipping more, they just wanted plenty of He-Man's and Skeletor's on the shelves for when the animated series started. Cause then kids will want He-Man and Skeletor.

I'm going to bet that the newest cases will be even packed with 2 of each charecter per case. Since there are plenty of Skeletor's on the pegs now. After all they did go from 1 Beast-man per case, up to 2 with the Mer-Man case.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 08-15-2002 at 04:52 AM.

I just went to my local Target earlier this morning, and they had about 8 or 9 of the cross versions on the pegs. Not hard to find at all here in NC. They also had the small figurine sets. I picked up the He-Man, but they had the sets with Stratos, He-Man, Beast Man, and Skeletor in the pack. I will probably go back and get those later.
    By the way, only about an hr and 45 min until the cartoon comes on. I've already got the VCR set to record. Can't wait.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed