Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memories.......

I have a reuniting story for ya.

Back in 1980 our house was hit by lightening. We weren't home, we were coming back from getting my dad at the airport from his business trip. Anyway on with the story...

House pretty much burnt to the ground. I lost all my toys, clothes, etc. Well after the fire I managed to salvage about a 1/3 of the star wars toys I had. I was devistated, but my parents were nice enough to re-buy all the figures I lost, and since it was 1980, I didn't have that many.

But last summer my mom was working in her flower bed along side the house, and was digging down and came across greedo.
    She washed him off, boxed him up and gave him to me one day. I opened it, looked at it and said where did you get this? She said I found him burried in my flowerbed, in about the same spot as your old bedroom window.

Oddly enough he's still in great condition, no fading, no fire damage, and I've got him on my desk. I wonder if she'll turn up anymore figs or his gun

That was a touching story tjovonovich. Maybe your Mom will find some more "buried treasure."
    Urban Exploration - It's a rush!

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    -Me holding a Greedo by his head, glued onto a school-made Father's Day tie
    Oh ho ho ...
    I am soooooo going to rip you off for that idea.
    Finaly a "guy" oriented version of the thing where my wife makes hair clips out of little rubber/plastic toys.

(note to self: buy colorful polyester ties at thrift store, scavenge for beat-up loose figures, reserve booth at next convention, sit back and watch the $$$ roll in.)

----

I'll look for photos that will perhaps feature my authentic "Luke Skywalker" blonde bowl haircut circa 1977.

Originally posted by tjovonovich
    I have a reuniting story for ya.

Back in 1980 our house was hit by lightening. We weren't home, we were coming back from getting my dad at the airport from his business trip. Anyway on with the story...

House pretty much burnt to the ground. I lost all my toys, clothes, etc. Well after the fire I managed to salvage about a 1/3 of the star wars toys I had. I was devistated, but my parents were nice enough to re-buy all the figures I lost, and since it was 1980, I didn't have that many.

But last summer my mom was working in her flower bed along side the house, and was digging down and came across greedo.
    She washed him off, boxed him up and gave him to me one day. I opened it, looked at it and said where did you get this? She said I found him burried in my flowerbed, in about the same spot as your old bedroom window.

Oddly enough he's still in great condition, no fading, no fire damage, and I've got him on my desk. I wonder if she'll turn up anymore figs or his gun
    So after the fire what did the other 2/3 of your collection look like. Were they all melted together?
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Thumbs down

I had a friend who had his SW stuff stored away, and that place caught fire. Many figures were simply gone, with others melted into blobs. Some just had soot that needed cleaning. Saddest thing was that he kept his in immaculate condition, only playing with them indoors.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Originally posted by scruffziller

So after the fire what did the other 2/3 of your collection look like. Were they all melted together?
    They were pretty ugly. Some were melted, some were just charred plastic that smelled bad, and some I never did find....like greedo until he was unearthed.

Where are All the pictures??????
    share your memories with your pictures.....

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Darn my failing computer monitor! I can't see your photos, Darth Vellner, and I'm sure they're great! As a self-proclaimer Master of Nostalgia, I weep with sadness...

I have several pictures that've survived time, that since I can't download (no scanner, above monitor issue), so I'll describe them:
    This is why I have no visual proof.

I remember when I could actually find vintage figures at my favorite antique/collectible shop... sigh. Lots of Daredevil and Hulk comics, ALF items, Smurfs, Transformers, etc. but little SW.