This is strange and I don't know what made me think of this just now, but here goes.
If you could travel back in time to, say, 1997 (just after the release of the Special Editions) and bring any five prequel items (excluding scripts, novelizations, or the actual films) to either yourself or another person of equal Star Wars geekdom, what would they be? And what conclusions do you think that you'd have come up with then?
Here's my choices:
1) TPM Soundtrack: "Wow, uh, this is pretty interesting. That vocal stuff doesn't sound very Star Warsy, though."
2) AOTC Soundtrack: "This must be the movie where he gets married, since there's an obvious love theme. And he goes Vader in the end, because right there's the Imperial March."
3) Deluxe POTJ Darth Maul (loose figure): "This guy must work for Vader. Or Anakin kills him to become Vader. One or the other."
4) Luminara Unduli (loose figure): "She's wearing black, so she must be a Dark Jedi. Looks pretty mean."
5) POTJ Jar Jar (loose figure): "What is this, a comedy? Get out of here, crackpot. You're not from the future. Lucas would never allow this!"