Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Missing Accessories for Figures

Another tip for those who want to buy vintage figures are the missing accessories that cost you almost as much as the figure by itself or more. Here’s a list of the most expensive accessories.

Vader, Luke, Obiwan double telescoping sabers
    Jawa Vinyl cape
    Amanaman’s staff
    R2D2’s pop-up lightsaber
    Carbonite Block
    Luke Stormtrooper helmet
    General Lando’s cape

Beware of imitations as they’ve been able to replicate some of these with great detail!
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Thumbs up

I will add the Imperial Snowtrooper Vinyl "half cape".
    As always...........L

I don't believe I've ever actually seen the vintage Gamorrean Guard's ax.

Other stuff that gets lost:
    Removable Limbs Threepio's bag (not to mention his limbs)
    Han Trenchcoat's trenchcoat (some comic shop guy tried to sell me a loose one of these and pass it off as an original 1977 figure)
    Some Ewoks came with a shoulder-slung pouch also, not just a cowl, they are: Logray, Teebo, Lumat and Warok

BTW, does anyone know where I can find an ORIGINAL Amanaman staff? No repros. Mine has the bottom half twisted off. Any help would be hot!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I was pretty intense about keeping all my accessories as a kid. I sometimes hid weapons so my friends would not play with them and lose them.

As a result, I have all the original accessories in nearly perfect condition with the exception of one Leia's blaster and one AT-ST driver blaster - those darn little things were so small that not even I could keep up with them.

Fortunately, even as a kid, I bought extra figs. Especially imperials and gamorean guards.

Thumbs up

I haveto say that the piece that everyone forgets about is the Cloud Car Pilots little inter-com thing. It is not that expensive to get one, but most people do forget.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Exclamation

2-1B's staff
    Any SW arm lightsaber WITH tip attached (not the telescoping ones)
    Helmets (i.e. Boushh, Lando Skiff, Luke Trooper)
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

This brings to mind the two loose vintage Jawas I have sitting on a shelf. Oh how I wish I had kept the capes. In fact I also have an Obi-Wan and Leia both vintage without capes or weapons (Leia). I had left them in storage at my mothers house for years and don't even remember what I did with the accessories.

WHAT WAS I THINKING?

Oh Well...live and learn
    The power of the force

Thumbs down Expensive accessory

Here's an example of an expensive accessory.

Amanaman staff

If yours got one, better keep it safe!
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

$39???!!!!

Dammit, I need one of those too. I have one but it's broken.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

BB, the staff is actually in pounds, so it is actually more likely to be about $50!
    Superb Sellers, highly recommended = Karma, LMan, Son Gohan, Bosskmr, Julian