Target is at it again!

The Targets in my area are clearancing out Star Wars completely!! They've done this in the past but not until after Christmas. There isn't even shelf space for the 12" Luke and speeder bike!

Is anyone else encountering similar Target problems??

Re: Target is at it again!

[i]Is anyone else encountering similar Target problems?? [/B]
    This is a continuous cycle at my Target, except they never mark down the 3.75" figures. A week after all the SW stuff is gone, they restock with new stuff and have nowhere to put it.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

I have eight Targets in my area (Louisville, Ky., and southern Indiana). The two southern Indiana stores quit carrying SW just about the time they redid the toy section for Christmas. I went to two other Targets last weekend. One Target had 3.75 figures clearanced for under $5, and the second still had them at regular price.

I don't know about the other Targets since I didn't visit them.

Target is also clearancing out some of the 12" action figure stuff, particularly the 21C Toys (military uniforms) that have clogged the shelves for some time. On that peg, there was a gray dot with a large D, meaning it was discontinued.

At my target in Western Mass, they haven't exactly delegated any specific shelf space for the 12" Luke Speederbike either. They did have 4 of them out on the shelf earlier this week though -- they were on the top shelf in the Star Wars aisle, but on the other side (over the Spiderman figures). At first glance, I missed them since they weren't with the other SW merchandise. And as far as I have seen, the only thing marked down in our area has been the B-wings.

At least that's better than nothing!!

Originally posted by Chewbacca1966
    And as far as I have seen, the only thing marked down in our area has been the B-wings.
    They're not fooling anyone with that mark-down. B-Wings are still shelf-warmers in Utah. When they get below $20, they may start to move. My Target still seems to keep getting figures, and the new ones move quickly. No clearance prices on figures.

They did mark down their Simpsons figures, and they disappeared fast.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Harry Potter

It looks to me that Harry Potter stuff has taken over my Targets.

SW used to be in-between the Power Rangers and WWF figures. For most of this year it was four pegs in a diagonal row. But that had been slowly shrinking.