Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where to purchase the kotobukiya statues?

Ive been looking (not increadably hard, due to time constrants) but looking none the less for a place to buy them!
    So, when I have the money I can get both Vader, and the clone trooper where where!

www.actionfigurexpress.com has the Clone Trooper and Anakin for about $95 each.

A little pricey for me!!

Good Luck
    May the force be with You!!!!!

cool thanks.
    I had hlj open earlier but didnt get a chance to look (just opened the page and had to take off for a few )

hmmmm Kits.. thought they were 1 piece factoried. oh well, still cool.
    I plan on saving money over a period of time, then dropping it on one at a time. we'll see..
    thanks guys

Here's an article about them in Toyfare#61:

You've got to see these soft vinyl kits to believe them. They're utterly mind-blowng. Vader here stands about 14 inches tall (that's 1:7 scale), and he's joined by his alter ego, Anakin Skywalker and a Clonetrooper. Expect to lay out $100 apiece for these suckers- import only.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Originally posted by Thunderstorm1
    www.actionfigurexpress.com has the Clone Trooper and Anakin for about $95 each.

A little pricey for me!!

Good Luck
    HLJ is probably going to be your best bet right now. They're $82.61 if I remember correctly which is a wee bit better.

Yep, my sister-in-law just happens to be the surrogate mother for a couple in Japan and the husband checked the toy stores over there for these things. They sell for about $80 off the shelf, so $95 for an import price isn't too bad.

The Obi Wan looks FANTASTIC.

...That is all.
    My name is Oobie Doob Badoobie.
    What's your middle name?
    Scooby Dooby.
    Oobie Doob Scooby Dooby Badoobie?

hey bigbarada
    Was there any problem "assembling" them? If they were purchased.
    That kind of turned me off, say by chance I screw it up thats $95 gone hehehe
    Although, it looked like anyone with simple hand-eye cooridination could handle cementing them together, I'd feel more assured, if someone had already done it and can vouche for the ease of construction

I don't know anything about the assembly, since my brother hasn't gotten them yet (his Japanese friend isn't a collector and was simply doing my brother a favor, since my brother's wife is carrying their child ). I will let you know as soon as they arrive, which will probably be next month sometime (the baby is due in Sept.).

I can sympathize with spending gobs of cash for an import toy only to goof it up trying to put it together. I once paid $135 for a Marmit Stormtrooper and ripped the black undersuit trying to put the armor over it.