Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Cool SW products of Japan...

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone has anymore info on some of these very very highly detailed and well sculpted display figures... Just 2 days ago I went to my local collector's shop and I found a Clone Trooper in a low kneeling pose with his blaster... Its abt 12" I think and the sculpting looks like those in the unleashed series... I heard from the store owner that its 9800 Yen and that there is also a Vader one but is completely sold out and would only arrive at his shop 2 weeks later... ARGHHH I can't wait to see it and maybe get a pic for you guys here...

Also does anyone know if Japan is producing their range of SW figures? Perhaps by Tomy? I'm just curious because it would be cool as Japanese people really make their packaging of a product look really really good!!

Cheers
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas

Whoops forgotten to add a pic to show you guys what I'm talking abt...

Cheers All
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kotobukiya clonetrooper.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	3354  

I don't have "info per say, but I do know there were pictures of these in SirSteve's Cel2 coverage ( I think.) I'm gonna go see if I can find it, they are really nice pieces.

That figure looks sweet! Japan has some pretty cool products when it comes to Star Wars...like those Pepsi toppers, and the Star Wars plush. On a related note (sort of), I picked up some bootleg Episode I figures when I went to Thailand last summer. They are really crappy, but really awesome as well.....LOL...probably because they are illegal!
    Urban Exploration - It's a rush!

that figures does look good. it will look alot better when the final version is ready!
    h
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Hi Chiesa,

HobbyLink Japan is the best way to catch these awesome statues. From Japan to Singapore, I guess the shipping would not be too expensive.
    The Vader costs 9800 Yens (painted), It's pricey but if I remember well, the blade is lighted !
    See pic : http://www.hlj.com/images/kby/kbysw-01.gif

The Anakin and Clone Trooper costs 7800 Yens each (already painted).

If they are out of stock, don't worry, they re-stock items very often. I've already ordered from them the awesome FineMolds kits and the service was great.

Links below :
    http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/categor...cience-Fiction

http://www.hlj.com/index.html

Enjoy !
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

Originally posted by TylerD
    That figure looks sweet! Japan has some pretty cool products when it comes to Star Wars...like those Pepsi toppers, and the Star Wars plush. On a related note (sort of), I picked up some bootleg Episode I figures when I went to Thailand last summer. They are really crappy, but really awesome as well.....LOL...probably because they are illegal!
    TylerD >>> Bootlegs?? which part of Thailand did you go to? Bangkok? If it is may I know from where? Lastly do you have or is it possible to get some of those pics? Would really love to see 'em!!

Thanks

Actually Chiesa, I was in Bangkok for a time, but I actually lived in Phetchaburi for the whole six weeks I was there. I bought the figs at the local market for about 2$ US. I have to find the figures, so I can take a digital pic of them for you. BTW, Thailand is an awesome place for a vacation. I highly recommend it.
    Urban Exploration - It's a rush!

Those statues look a lot like the Unleashed figures to me!
    SUPER BATTLE DROIDS RULE YA FOOL!