Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

STAR Destroyer Cake anyone?

I belong to a local SW fan club here in Pittsburgh and we just had a BBQ. And also celebrated it's (the club)first year anniversary. So to commerate this I made a SD cake. Check the pics out and let me know what you think.

The first is the top view.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mvc-150s.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	3356  
    Move along, move along

Another View.

Her it is from a 3/4 front view.

Remember this is a cake and shouldn't try to be movie accurate.

Name:	mvc-151s.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	3357  
    Move along, move along

Last View.

Boy I wish we could post more than one pic in a post.

Anyhoo, here's the last pic. It's a 3/4 back view. (the marshmallow bag kind of blends in with it but you get the picture)

BTW anyone wishing to see my local fanclub's site can go here:

www.thenewrepublic.net

This is a club for Pittsburgh and South Western Pennsylvania (and some mid PA) fans to get together and have fun, SW style.

Name:	mvc-152s.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	3358  
    Move along, move along

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Star Destroyer...
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

You should've had gum drops for the two top shield generators.

That's a pretty cool thing to do, nice pictures.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Very cool cake, jedi master sal. Now be honest. Did you guys feel at all hesitant about cutting into it and eating it. I know I would, because it's actually pretty detailed. My compliments to the cake artist.

You started to big though, how can you top a Star Destroyer cake for next years BBQ. I guess you could do a Super Star Destroyer. And then the year after that, a Death Star Cake. But then what?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    You started to big though, how can you top a Star Destroyer cake for next years BBQ. I guess you could do a Super Star Destroyer. And then the year after that, a Death Star Cake. But then what?
    Mon Calamari Cruiser "Liberty", Mon Calamari ship "Home One", Rebel Blockade Runner, SD-like Clone Transport ship, or Falcon...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Nice Cake! What flavor was it?
    Khoo-Ha...Please Pass The Jelly.

Originally posted by Grif
    Nice Cake! What flavor was it?
    galactic imperial vanilla, painted standard naval gray (that weren't no frosting...)

that's really cool stuff, jms! jjb is correct, though... where do you go from there - unless you go down in scale - i got it! tie bomber cake, with malted milk bombs! mmmmm.... bombs....
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Auuuughh (whatever that sound is that Homer Simpson makes when he's drooling).

I can feel my tooth enamel being dissolved by just looking at the pictures.

If you do a Super Star Destroyer next year make sure it's more to scale. That way you can take a POTF2 AWing and make it crash into the bridge.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas