View Poll Results: SSG Battle of the Machines FINALS! - Fight One!

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • The AT-AT has a big win!

171 79.91%
  • The Speederbike comes through!

43 20.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

SSG Battle of the Machines FINALS! - Fight 1 of 2

You guys asked for it! - and you guys will hate me for it!

Tonight's Battle of the Machines fight is raw!

These are the FINALS and there's no such thing as "fair play" any more in the last 2 rounds which will determine which is the ultimate Hasbro Star Wars vehicle to ever see manufactured as a toy!

It had to happen: the champion of the lightweights is coming to do battle with the champion of the heaveyweights.

I won't pretend like I don't know the outcome, but our "bikergang friends" earned their right to this match....errr ummmm, this last moment in their history.

But the Battle of the Machines is always full of surprises and tonight may be no different as the speederbike takes on the Imperial AT-AT walker!

The AT-AT crushed the scoutwalker in a close match in which it only won by 174 - 15, or 92.6% of the votes. Before that it narrowly defeated the Millennium Falcon 109-99 with 52% of 208 votes. With armor too strong for blasters, the towering Imperial Walker could probably carry over a half-dozen snowtrooper action figures into combat in its troop carrier section, while under the command of the exclusive packed-in AT-AT Driver and AT-AT Commander (as close as we've come to General Veers' proper figure) seated in the cockpit. From there they can command the fully poseable behemoth machine's 4 giant legs, jointed in three points of articulation on each. Covering them, are the remote operated chin guns that fire with the air-piercing sound effects and red "laser" flashes one would come to expect from the firepower of this war machine. But that's not all: side-mounted anti-aircraft cannons feature missle tubes with launching projectiles capable of descimating any Rebel defenses! A remote lever in the transport section controls the aiming and directional tracking of the metal beasts head, and a electronic, backlit communications and tactical station replays dialog from the movie, and features the bone-crunching thunder a walker's legs make in action, as well as the terror-striking sound of many needle-like barrages of the walker's smaller artillery cannons.

Up against it is the Speederbike. It's fast! It's puny! It falls apart at the touch of a button... The Aratech 74-Z Military Speeder Bike, which was featured in Return of the Jedi. This vehicle has been packed with every known movie pilot which today includes its standard pilot, the Imperial Scout Trooper, as well as Leia, Luke, and Ewok Scout Paploo. All of the pack-in figures are available in other venues (save for Paploo) be it a carded figure, or a Millennium Minted Coin box figure. Meanwhile, the speeder bike features a pivoting blaster cannon, braking flaps that operate remotely when the foot pedals are moved, and an explosive battle damage feature that causes the craft to blow apart when the camouflage jacket is pressed down on the rear of the craft.
    The Speederbike defeated the Swoopbike 82-23 carrying 78% of the vote to its victory. It did similarly well against a Battledroid on a STAP in the Quarterfinals, where the Imperial Speederbike finished 135-35 carrying 79% of the vote (out of 170) for another perfect finish. Against Luke Skywalker's landspeeder, the speederbike sitll took 69.3% of the 153 votes, for a finishing score at 106 to 47.

While the AT-AT might be a behemoth of a toy / playset, and made it through some of the toughest matches, the speederbike ultimately had one of the best winning records out of all the Battle of the Machine's contestants.

-there's that, and the other Final Round making more sense that prompted this fight.

Well, uh....enjoy.

Choose your Champion: the AT-AT or the Speederbike!

Let's Fight!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails atat master.jpg  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

This one is really a toss up. I like 'em both. However, I voted for the Speederbike. The AT AT is a fairly decent rendition of the movie version, but the Speedbike toy is a more accurate likeness. I also have more Speederbikes than AT AT's but that may be because of the huge price difference more than anything else. Like I said, it's a toss up, but the scales tip ever so slightly in favor of the bike. But, tomorrow's a new day...maybe I'll change my mind then.

Wow. I liken this battle to US vs. Grenada, Mike Tyson vs. Woody Allen, or Lakers vs. Pacers or Lakers vs. Sixers or Lakers vs. Nets. It's one of those things that you just have to sit back, chuckle at a bit, then put the hammer down and get back to real business.

AT-AT in 0.4 seconds.

I almost forgot that we're not on WWWF.

Let's examine more in depth then.

AT-AT has two figures, at least five or six different sound effects, space for a kajillion figures, two projectile guns, two moving guns with lights, a grappling gun, and of course mega-ball squashing action. If you were fortunate enough you got it for $10 at TRU.

The speederbike comes with a Biker Scout, Luke, or Leia and blows apart. Period. It also cost near $10.

My mistake. AT-AT in 0.2 seconds.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I'd have to go with the AT-AT I didd't get it but I think it's better than the speederbike.
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

I have both of these, and personally, it's more fun havin a speeder bike than an AT-AT. The walker seems to have very tight joints in it's legs, and they always seem to be on the verge of breaking. The speeder bikes are more to scale, and were a hell of a lot cheaper. I preferred the figures with them too(the AT-AT commander doesn't look anything like General Veers and was poorly painted). I put my vote for the bikes.
    "Perhaps I killed a Jedi and took it from him?" Qui-Gon Jinn

AT-AT all the way. I think I ended up spending more on all 3 Speederbikes(3x$10=$30) than I did the AT-AT($25). What can I say, the AT-AT is the superior vehicle all around, and it doesn't "explode" if you touch it wrong.

The AT-AT figures were much nicer than any of the speederbike figs. They look nice on the bikes, but they are goofy looking if you take them off. But, I guess we not here to discuss the figures....
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

The AT-AT is the best toy, and should win this whole thing
    -GO WINGS!!!!!!

"Be excellent to each other, and....PARTY ON DUDES!!!"

AT- AT wins in 1:48 sec with after a combo of missiles and Lasers.
    The speed of the bike kept it in the match up but had no answer for the heavy armor of the walker
    "This Party's Over!"- Mace Windu

I'm going with the Speeder Bike. I have many of them and enjoy playing with them while I could never afford an AT-AT and never saw them during the $20 sale or whatever. So the Speederbike wins by default but it would win anyway as I have a lot of fun playing with and I usually don't like the real big vehicles.

yual saw what the at at did to the snow speeder so its gonna kick the s.b.'s *****!!!!!
    ( .A.O.T.C. )

It's always nice to meat a Jedi.

- Jango Fett