View Poll Results: Do you want a 100x100 avatar?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 68.97%
  • No

4 13.79%
  • Doesn't Matter

5 17.24%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i most defintly either want 100x100 or a bigger size file you can have....all the moving GIF's i want to put on here are way too big!
    h
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Originally posted by hango fett
    i most defintly either want 100x100 or a bigger size file you can have....all the moving GIF's i want to put on here are way too big!
    h
    This is my concern. I don't care for animated gifs because it would be too distracting with 20 animated 100x100 avatars. Would be like a night in Vegas!
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

You could have an option for turning off animated gif's, couldn't you? Or just if an avatar gets to many complaints from other forumites, then it would have to be changed? I don't care much for animated gif's either, but would hate for that to be the reason preventing having 100x100 size avatars.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

well, 100x100 is fine even if we can't use GIF's anymore, or if you can!
    h
    Last edited by hango fett; 08-18-2002 at 06:24 PM.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    You could have an option for turning off animated gif's, couldn't you? Or just if an avatar gets to many complaints from other forumites, then it would have to be changed?
    No, we're not going to be the avatar police too.

However, there is a forum option to stop viewing all avatars altogether so that *could* be an option (though what is the point of having an avatar if nobody sees it?). But the idea of having them be 20k each is way too much IMO, some folks have page views at default, that's 20 posts per page, 400k just for their first page view, and if it's a poll thread, the first few pages could be NONE of the same visitors so that'd be an extra 400k x 4 pages - that's a draw of 1.5 meg just for avatars!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

no, yoda in 100x100 glory! that would rock! i can't wait to see the update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is it here yet? *some one off in the distance* no.* how about now? *you know who* NO!* you sure? *whap!*
    m'keydokey.
    h

Well, if need be, I will be an Avatar Cop.

Arn't you guys already avatar cops. I mean you do police people if they put dirty pictures and foul language in their avatars. So this would be similar. Like if Hango's avatar started giving people seizures, you would hopefully do somthing about it. Or if people starting getting motion sickness from it.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I do however get quite anoyed with the flashing avatars. It just makes people harder to ignore.
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"