View Poll Results: Do you want a 100x100 avatar?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 68.97%
  • No

4 13.79%
  • Doesn't Matter

5 17.24%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Do you want a 100x100 avatar?

Do you want a 100x100 avatar?
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

IMHO they are just fine the way they are. But others may disagree.

I wouldn't mind seeing 100x100 max. avatars sizes. Like I said in another post Horrordvds.com uses the same forums software and they run 100x100. It would clean alot of blank area, as well as giving people more options if they wanted animated gifs.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Har Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Can someone post a picture 100x100 so I can see what you mean?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

100x100 and 15-20k would be optimal.

Here Tycho:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100x100.jpg  

It makes only a little difference. But I can support this for the rest of you.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm content with 75. I only had one instance where I could have used larger, but the shrunken revision looked fine.

Perhaps there's a way to place a larger picture into a profile. Users would have to find an image host, but it's a fair trade-off, I think.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Doesn't matter, but a little change wouldn't hurt. I give my support for the rest who want it.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I vote No, I think it'd be too big and distracting. I made up this 75 to 100 comparison graphic (attached) to show just how big a difference.

Originally posted by Nexu
    100x100 and 15-20k would be optimal.

Here Tycho:
    20k? Even 7k right now seems a bit heavy when you have to load 10-20 of 'em per page, like 200 pages per visit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails compare.gif  
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Not that big of a change JT. Not anymore then the ads at the top and bottom of the page make it slower to load. I doubt that making the avatars 25x25 larger, would hurt load times any. Especially when I have seen the 100x100 version in effect, and there is little to no difference in the load times. Plus since they are images, once they are loaded by your browser, until you delete your Temporary Internet Files, it's not going to be very noticable anyway.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.