Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    icatch9 - the criterion collection is a continuing series of important classic and contemporary films, dedicated to gathering the greatest films from around the world and publishing them in editions that offer the highest technical quality and award-winning, original supplements.

you can check out their website

criterionco.com

basically, they buy the rights to print a movie with their special features for a while, and then, as is the case with SOTL, they give up the rights. the criterion SOTL is no longer in print, as there was a new special edition of SOTL, so the criterion is sought after as a collectible and as a great dvd...

i'm still waiting for them to get the rights back for the adventures of baron munchausen... they only put that out on criterion laser disc!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Thanks! I'll have to check them out !!
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

I LOVE it !! I saw it twice in theaters. And Bought it the day it came out!

This was truly one of the better movies this past year... then again, any Wes Anderson movie would do that. I have heard Rushmore mentioned, but have any of you seen Wes' first movie Bottle Rocket? This move is flat out hysterical. I saw it years ago and bought it on VHS (before there was a DVD version) and watch it at least once a month ever since.
    I can't wait until it gets a proper DVD version. The current one only has the movie and a trailer. Wes originally made a 16 minute short on the subject and then expanded it into the full length version. I would love to see the short film.
    If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and rent it.

"Kumar, what were you doing in the freezer?"
    "I lost my touch man."
    "Did you ever have a touch to lose?"

Wow guys, I am glad to see that I am not the only one. I haven't seen the Criterion DVD yet Caesar, but I will proabably see it soon. I am definitely going to buy the movie this week. My favorite pat of the movie is when they show the kids for the first time. Margot with her library, Chas with his "office," and Richie with his tennis racket tightener......LOL....
    Urban Exploration - It's a rush!

Bottle Rocket is pretty cool, I just bought that DVD ! I'd like a beefier version, but this will have to do for now.

Criterion had a version of This is Spinal Tap, man I wish that wasn't so expensive !

TylerD, enjoy your Criterion Tenenbaums when you buy the DVD, because that's the only available version! :happy: I love the fact that it got such a wide release, I had to really scrounge around for my Criterion Rushmore DVD, but you can ONLY get Tenenbaums in the Criterion Collection. :happy: