Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12" Sidious

Hybrid View

12" Sidious

Why hasent Hasbro made a 12" Sidious figure yet? Is there any particular reason or are they planning to make one in the future?
    "At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge."

Darh Maul-Episode 1

Re: 12" Sidious

Hasbro at Comic Con: The 12 inch Count Dooku will continue to be released in later shipments as popularity was underestimated "for an old man with a beard".

...and Sidious is an old man without a beard.

A 12" Darth Sidious was planned for the E1 line. But since the E1 line didn't perform as well as was expected, quite a few 12" figures wound up being cancelled. It's not realy needed though, since the 12" Emporer Palpatine looks about the same as Sidious. The cancelled Senator Palpatine, Nute Gunray, and Rune Haako are higher on many people's want list, from what I've seen.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I would love to see some 12 inch figures of Rune and Nute!!!!
    Urban Exploration - It's a rush!

A 12" Senator/Chancellor Palpatine would be great. I loved the detail they got with the 4" version and it would only look better in a 12" version. I agree that a Sidious would be somewhat redundant but that shouldn't rule out a Senator or Chancellor version.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I think a 12" Sidious would be great, way better than those 2 terrible 12" Emperor figures. Maybe they could do a fan-club exclusive "holographic" version too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

a shame they never made Palpatine

truly sad they never got around to making an Episode 1 Palpatine or Sidious. mainly Palpatine because of the ornate blue costuming he had. would have been neat if he came with a little floating droid like the 3" version. Geez, he only was the "phantom menace" in the title. We were given way too many 12" mauls instead. Maul with speedbike, maul with break apart abdomen, maul with george forman grill..etc... oh well just hope Palpatine/ Sidious gets his due.
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious...."

Yeah I also hope they make a Sidious.
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

It will probably never happen but that is one 12" I would buy for sure.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I don't think there is any reason that it wouldn't happen. I'm actually suprised it didn't come out with TPM. After the release of the Chancellor Veloreum/Guard 2-pack I thought for sure we'd see Palpatine make an appearance. There's plenty of time for it to be added to the 12" line.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.