Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Greatest Lightsaber Battle of all Time

I have heard that the lightsaber battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan will be the greatest lightsaber battle ever because of who it's between, but with that thought, shouldn't the best battle be between Vader and Luke in ROTJ because it's between father and son in the last Star Wars movie in the entire saga. i mean, when the whole saga is finished and viewed in whole, wouldn't it make sense that the best battle is in the last movie and not the third. I mean, theres nothing really Lucas can do about that, next to taking the entire scene out and replacing it with a new one. but, thats just my opinion. what's all of you guys opinion?
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

Captain Trips
    Well, we aren't sure what's to come just yet, but if, after the battle, Anakin completes his transformation into Vader, it could be, no WOULD be the turning point of the whole saga, and therefore should be the most intense.

BTW...for my money, I'll still take Luke and Vader in ESP.

Yeah, that was my favorite battle too, when Vader was reading Luke's mind. j/k, I'm sure you meant ESB, the best lightsaber battle ever IMO.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

ESB is by far the best duel in the saga .

Check out this thread:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...hreadid=12325&

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Vader & Luke in ESB is the best duel so far in my mind.
    -GO WINGS!!!!!!

"Be excellent to each other, and....PARTY ON DUDES!!!"

i still maintain that the absolute final duel, vader and luke on the death star II, electric boogaloo, is the best duel - the emotional weight of it... the cinematography, the music, the meaning behind every nuance of the fight is just breathtaking! the best part of ROJ, by far, and i think it's the best duel.

although i'm anticipating something just as meaningful and emotionally charged from ep III
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

I think the ESB duel was the most emotional, but my favorites were the Dooku duels. He's just really awesome, in my opinion. I will not say which one is the most important until I see EPIII.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

I am sorry but the climatic battle in ROTJ is the greatest lightsaber battle. Luke & Vader has so much menaing to it. It is the climactic battle between father and son, the pinacle of so many years of torment and rage. Luke's rejection of the Dark side, his love for his sister, and Vader's eveltual rejection fo the Dark side is all involved in the final duel. It is in my opinion the greatest lightsaber battle. I also love the background music.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    I love the Empire Strikes Back duel the best (of the Original Trilogy), however...if we talk about the prequels...well then the duel with Obi-Wan and Darth Maul takes the cake. Anakin vs. Darth Tyrannus was too short...and Yoda bouncing off the walls looked so fake.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

Refer to my thread here.Rank the Duels
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!