Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down Kmart Sale Experience

Yesterday, I went to Kmart with my friend Brandi, so we could look at the Star Wars toys. I had heard on SSG there was a sale - all Star Wars toys 50% off. I go back to toys, and I see three signs saying, "All Star Wars Toys - Buy One Get One 50% Off". I said to myself..."That's not right. They are supposed to be 50% off, regardless of how many you purchase." So I went to the sporting goods department and had a man named Russ scan them to see if they rang up at 50% off. First I gave him Jango Fett's Slave 1. $29.99 it said. I told Russ, "That's wrong Russ. All Star Wars toys are 50% off." He thought about it for a minute, and said, "Maybe only some are 50% off." I told him there were three signs saying they were 50% off. Then I gave him a preview Zam Wessell figure to ring up. It rang up at 5 something, which was the original price. Russ says, "Now this figure originally retailed at around 10 dollars." I said ok, and I went back to toys. I said to Brandi, "Let's get out of here. Russ does not know what he is talking about." I ended up taking Anakin's and Zam's speeders to the register. The person at the register was named Gina, a sort of a psycho, with whom I had checked out with before. I said, "Hi Gina, how are you today?" She says, "Busy...what do you think?" Yikes! Watch out for Psycho Gina! Then I gave her my toys, and she rang up the first one. The register said $12.99. I said, "That's wrong Gina. All Star Wars toys are supposed to be 50% off." Then Brandi kindly reminded Gina that I get three dollars off if the items do not ring up correctly. "I am going to have to call someone from toys," she says. Then I talk to her about the situation, and she asks if I am a collector. Then she asked me if I was going to open the toys. I said yes, that I open all of my Star Wars toys. Gina says, "You know they are worth more if you keep them in the package." I tell her that I like to open mine. Then a kind older lady on a Rascal Motor Scooter behind me says, "What is the purpose of having a toy if you can't open it up and play with it?" I told her that that is what I thought too. While we are waiting for the person from toys to arrive, I tell Gina that we talked to a guy named Russ in sporting goods, who didn't know what he was talking about. "That's who I called," said Gina. Brandi giggles. Then Russ comes. Gina talks to him and gets him to void the sale, and they scan the speeders at least four times each. He finally tells Gina to give them to me at $6.50 each. I ask about the policy on items that ring up wrong. Russ says, "Ummm...that doesn't include clearance items." Brandi says to Russ, "But they aren't clearance items. They are SALE items." Russ tells us that it still doesn't count. Russ leaves. Gina explains the policy, and Brandi and I leave. Now how is that for an experience?
    Urban Exploration - It's a rush!

Sounds like a normal day at K-MART!

Thats why I don't shop there.

However, 3 or 4 of my local K-marts were closing a few months ago and my wife dragged me along to look for some"GREAT DEALS". We found NOTHING! We were about to leave and she said just let me look over here real quick. So I waited in the isle for her. I looked at a palet in front of me with some crap they found in the back of the stock room on it and low and behold it had a flashback R2 W/lightsaber on the right side!!!WOW!!and a OOM-9! they rung up at $1.99 each.cool!

I still don't shop at K-mart

k-mart sucks anymore around here. my freind, macewindu87, said he checked a k-mart about 10 miles east of us and they had 50% off but there selection was pitiful. idiots....
    h
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Actually the nearest K-Mart to me ain't so bad. They have everything except the Endor Han wave including Clone Troopers. Bought myself like 6 of those puppies.....
    Powdered Toast Man!

kmart sucks
    sad... they have NO stock, nor plans to. Kmart was a good store back when I was a kid, but now.. it's just kicking a dead horse
    if anyone knows someone who, or works there themselves. get a diff job before they close for good.. they shouldnt be around anymore
    Bring Hills back!!! *glares at garbage ames*

I had heard on SSG there was a sale - all Star Wars toys 50% off. I go back to toys, and I see three signs saying, "All Star Wars Toys - Buy One Get One 50% Off". I said to myself..."That's not right. They are supposed to be 50% off, regardless of how many you purchase."

Nice selective memory. Might want to re-read the article:

http://www.figures.com/databases/act...ow_article=460

Grand Admiral Thrawn tells us of K-mart having a sale on Star Wars figures where it's buy one & get one for half price.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

It's misinformed customers like that that make me glad I no longer work in retail.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Yeah,

If you had paid attention when you read the article OR looked at the ad available in-store OR read the signs they had posted you would have realized that you were WRONG.

I am glad I don't have to work retail anymore...

The customer is always right is junk in stories like this...

I feel sorry for Russ and Gina...

Max Power

Seriously, what do you think Russ was thinking of your logic while you argued that ALL SW toys are 50% off while standing next to THREE (that's 3) signs that say the sale is "Buy one get one at 50%?" Just because someone told me all the cars at my local car dealership were 99% off I doubt that I could get one at that price. "But my friend said they were 99% off!!"

The closest I came to working retail was unloading the trucks in the back. I could never work the floor.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    Nice selective memory. Might want to re-read the article:

http://www.figures.com/databases/act...ow_article=460

Grand Admiral Thrawn tells us of K-mart having a sale on Star Wars figures where it's buy one & get one for half price.
    Actually, I believe TylerD must have heard about it from somewhere else because this thread was started within 2 minutes of my writing that article so there's NO way he could have heard news about it from my article since he's talking about something that happened before the news article and this thread were written. Perhaps Tyler heard about it from a thread or from another site?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.