Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    I doubt they will honor past receipts. I think the only way to get one is to buy 20 bucks worth of stuff that day.

Great, guess iI should have waited to buy all the new figures.
    "From beneath you it devours"

Yeah, unfortunately, if you have bought everything, then you will end up having to buy duplicates. But just keep your earlier receipt and you probably will be able to take some stuff back for a refund later.

Here are the guidlines as posted to sirstevesguide...

"Here is the information I have gotten out of the computer at work today. I ran across it by accident. It was hidden in with the 'Big Book' information. Here is what I have, direct from TRU Corp:
    Guests receive the silver anniversary R2D2 figure with a $19.99 purchase of HASBRO star wars product.
    1. signage will be delivered with the 'Big Book' signage kit.
    2. place next to star wars action figures pegs.
    3. Guest will go to Customer Service with their receipt and recieve 1 R2D2 silver anniversary figure. Product does not need to be scanned out SKN 632433 $.01 retail.
    4. Figures MUST be stored behind the service desk.
    5. ONLY ONE FIGURE PER GUEST.
    6. once stores are out of figure, remove feature card.
    This is what I can also tell you, there seems to be around 7000 pcs per region. This means that each store will get between 50 and 100 pcs. I am not sure if there will be more sent to TRU or if this will be it. Also the way I read it is that you can get only one per purchase. If you want more, you'll have to buy a Hasbro SW toy over $19.99, get your free R2, leave the store and then come back in and do it all over again to get another one. It is going to be fun for sure. Also, no stores in the USA have the figure. They are all sitting in the regional warehouse's."

It doesn't say anything about using a past receipt, so I assume you will have to buy something new that day in order to get the freebie.

Well there's no harm in trying.

I plan on buying the Republic Gunship on Sunday at TRU so I can get the figure. They should have some left.

Does anyone think there will be a rush of people trying to get the figure, meaning that the stores will be sold out by the afternoon? Also, I am debating whether or not I should go to the TRU in Niagara Falls. I haven't been there in nearly a year and I am not sure if they even have Gunships available.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I'll be going to the one on the Blvd... but I'm going as early as I can. I don't want to miss out by getting there too late.

I just ordered mine on amazon and it was only 14 bucks. :happy:

I am going to the TRU in Niagara Falls tomorrow morning. Hopefully Canada has the promotion because I don't want to see the store packed with Canadian scalpers looking to add to their wares.

I went to the TRU on the Boulevard last night and they didn't have a Gunship--the item I was planning to buy to get the Silver R2. It looks like I will have to pick up a Reek or the reissued Action Fleet Tie Advanced and X-wing, if the Niagara Falls store doesn't have the Gunship.

I hope that if I buy two items that are $9.99, that I get the figure because I hear that you have to spend at least $19.99 and 2X $9.99 equals 19.98, a penny short.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Well then there is tax.

I hope none of the local TRUs gave away any Silver R2s today, because the press release said the promotion would begin tomorrow. Yet I see a lot of people here on SirSteves got themselves one a day early. That means those stores are all sold out and if you go to them tomorrow, you will be shutout. I would be very upset if that was the case. Especially since I drove by the TRU on the Boulevard today on my way home from Buffalo, but I figured, since I'll be stopping tomorrow, why check now? Plus I stopped there yesterday and they had nothing new besides some Action Fleet.

I guess I will call tomorrow before I head out.