Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Re: Upstate New York finds

Went out to the TRU in Poughkeepsie today, they had a few Silver Clone Troopers still hanging there, I figured they would have all been snatched up, but I picked one up anyway since they were there. They didnt have anything relatively new, in fact they had the same Deluxe Durge set (without a Durge, some scumbag of a "collector" cut him out and took just him and left the speeder bike) and the same few Ultra Obi-Wans and Jango's they've had for a while now. The only "new" figures they actually had were, amazingly, ALL 2001/2002 POTJ sneak preview figures, which they had plenty of. This is ridiculous, those figures are a good 2/3 years old and they're still charging $4.99 for them? Had they been Episode 1 figures they would have been on clearance by now. Well, there were a few Sneak Preview Clone Troopers there, so I picked one up, I figured at $4.99 its a steal compared to the $8.99 or so they want online for 'em. They also had one Red Leader's X-Wing set, in fact, it was actually hilarious when I looked at it. I'm not talking about the set itself, actually it was more so what was MISSING from the set. The same scumbag (I presume) who cut Durge from his package and took just him had cut out the Red Leader figure and taken just him from the box, leaving just the X-Wing. Well after reading all the horrible reviews of that set I've read online I thought that was kind of funny, I mean I've seen the figure and he's hardly anything I'd be willing to attempt to steal. I dont think I've read a single positive review of that figure......Anyway, I went on over to the Wal*Mart there, and they had, literally, NOTHING. There was plenty of other toys in the toy isle, but absolutely NO Star Wars figures at all. I'm thinking about just giving up the whole toy hunting thing and resorting to strictly online/ebay buying, I havent found anything good since the end of January :/
    Go ahead and reply, I probably wont read this for another week or so, much less even care what you've got to say to begin with. So I'd advise you to not waste your time, but if you want to, then go ahead :rolleyes:

Great people to trade with:
    ANEEL, Sith_Killer_99, and DEFINITELY Val Da Car!

Visited a few stores today and here is what I found:

TRU (Transit Rd.): Had a few new items, finally! The Silver Clonetrooper sale cleared out some space. They had the new X-Wings which I promptly passed on, since I picked up a Saga one less than two years ago. They also had some Deluxe figures including a Spider Droid, and the Clone Wars version of the Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike. After cleaning out Dollar General of their Saga versions, I passed on him. They also had a Geonosian Starfighter that I must of missed on earlier, as well as the new Deluxe Jango Fett and Obi-Wan.

Target: They had some more Aalya Securas plus a few more figures from that wave (where do they find them?) as well as some Deluxe Obi-Wans. Also, those stupid Cup and Figure sets are still langushing on the shelves.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Well after finding the same old, same old at TRU, Target and Wally-Mart (I've boycotted them anyway) I went to K-Mart on Niagara Falls Boulevard for the first time since the Christmas season, last Thursday, and low and behold, I found a new wave!

They had Dutch Vanders, Tie Pilots, a Rappetunie, and a Tanus Spijak among others. I purchased the latter two. The cards were a bit tattered and the price was $5.49, but it was well worth it. I'll have to frequent K-Mart more often.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Thumbs up Re: Upstate New York finds

This Is For Jay. Red 3 Pack In On The Way To You .

Quote Originally Posted by ANEEL
    This Is For Jay. Red 3 Pack In On The Way To You .
    I shipped your Green 3-pack out yesterday Aneel
    Go ahead and reply, I probably wont read this for another week or so, much less even care what you've got to say to begin with. So I'd advise you to not waste your time, but if you want to, then go ahead :rolleyes:

Great people to trade with:
    ANEEL, Sith_Killer_99, and DEFINITELY Val Da Car!

It's been awhile since I posted here. Let me update a few things.

I visited the Albany area about three weeks ago. I found more there in one day than I did in the Buffalo area in months. At a Target on Central Avenue, I found the Antilles wave plus a few new Deluxe figures.

I will be going to Toronto some time by the end of August. The Silver Snail comic store is a wonderous place to visit, as they have nearly every figure post 1995, ever made. Of course a few of the rarer ones are missing like Motti, TC-14, Super Articulated and Sketchie. But it seems like they have every other figure made.

Oh yeah I spied a Clone Wars: Kit Fisto at Rite Aid. The bad news is that it's priced at $7.99. What does anyone think?
    Last edited by Lowly Bantha Cleaner; 06-23-2004 at 10:58 AM.

Sounds pretty good to me.
    "From beneath you it devours"

There are two Targets in the Albany area, one in Colonie and one in East Greenbush, they both had CW figures. I'll have to see what ones they have, I remember seeing Mace, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Assaj (spelling?).
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Found OTC Lightsabers in the Albany/Colonie Target today. Had Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and Obi Wan's.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

It was the Target then on Colonie DQ. I think I found the Clone Wars wave minus the SA there as well. The TRU on Central had jack, but I did think about getting a clearanced 12" Taun Taun, but saved my $ $ $.

I too saw the OTC lightsabers at Target, hoping for a either a clearance sale or to see some new figures possibly.