Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone seen this on E-bay?

I'm just wondering if anyone seen this auction on E-bay and what do you think about it? The seller says that they are banned because of the Columbine shooting, and that they are one of the rarest figures in the U.S. and possibly the World. What a load of crap in my opinion, I've seen at least five in my city and that's just in two stores. He also says they were pulled off the shelves and ordered to be destroyed; I've heard that one before with the Unleashed Padme version. What other tactics will sellers resort to, in order to sell their items? Just seems a little far-fetched for me to believe. What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1759350750
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

There are other auctions on Ebay for the same figure, that say it was recalled. So it's possible, but he's going a tad far in his statements saying it's banned. Plus those others have B.I.N's for like 26.99, so again it's not somthing really really rare. Oh well, like I have said in the past, "Ebay is one of the worst and best things to ever happen to the collecting community."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

i seriously doubt it's one of the rarest figures in the world, but it definitely was controversial and pulled from stores. i work in a small toy store and we have a couple... it's just an example of someone over-hyping their auction. the facts are there, they are just amplified!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Originally posted by darthvyn
    i seriously doubt it's one of the rarest figures in the world, but it definitely was controversial and pulled from stores. i work in a small toy store and we have a couple... it's just an example of someone over-hyping their auction. the facts are there, they are just amplified!
    It may be controversial and was pulled from the stores, but if it was, then why are there so many of them out there at retail stores? In my opinion I don't believe that they are any rarer than the Padme Unleashed figure that just come out. Plus if they start pulling one figure because it resembles a particular person or persons involved in an incident, then anyone who has a problem with a certain action figure, for whatever reason could have it pulled from their respective lines. It reminds me of the Spiderman trailer that has the WTC towers in it, they got cut out of the picture because it may offend some of the victims, well I say what about the hundreds of other films that have them in it. Are they going to cut them as well? My point is if we give in to one thing, then it's another and another etc. It's like the old saying: Give him an inch and he'll take a mile. I may have gone a little off topic to explain my point, but this is just another example of the seller exaggerating the so-called facts to get a higher price for his auction. In other words lying is basically what I'm trying to say. In the end all I can do is shake my head and wonder what the world has come to.

Yeah, I remember this figure being pulled after the shootings. They're rare in the sense that you can't buy it in the store but they're pretty common in the secondary market. Everyone smelling a profit bought them after future shipments were halted with the hopes of cashing in later.

The Villian series was continued and that's what your seeing in the stores currently. I think they might have even released a figure similar to this one but my memory is hazy on this series. This figure is question was pulled be cause...<gasp>... this figure had a trenchcoat which was the "trademark" of those kids.

I agree on the oversensativity of the PC public. Didn't Zoolander erase the Twin Towers from the skyline in that movie? (Too bad they didn't bother removing the whole movie) Who in their right mind would be offended/upset by the image of the Towers? Sure, those intimately invovled with that day have a special relationship with the images but I'd have to think that even they wish those buildings to be remembered. It's like cutting out every image of a lost family member from a family album so your not upset when you look back on those pictures. It's stupid, especially when its a toy.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I have this figure, it's pretty cool really, though the machine gun sling it comes with isn't for that AK-47 he has (then again, he's just a stupid "Villain" so he doesn't have to KNOW it's the wrong sling Still, I gave it to another figure). It has body armor with removable plates in the front and back of the vest, a shotgun holster, and a great trenchcoat. It was pulled from major chain retailers but never banned or recalled. As EP points out, the Villains line continued and they released another version of this figure with a different color outfit. I think the figure is based more on those guys who robbed that bank in North Hollywood and then lay siege to the neighborhood when they botched their escape.

My Armed Terrorist is about to get mowed down by my SWAT urban camo figure who has his MP-5 pointed at the terrorist's head.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by Exhaust Port
    The Villian series was continued and that's what your seeing in the stores currently. I think they might have even released a figure similar to this one but my memory is hazy on this series. This figure is question was pulled be cause...<gasp>... this figure had a trenchcoat which was the "trademark" of those kids.
    and as we all know, guns don't kill people, trenchcoats do!

i still think it was rediculous that schools banned trenchcoats after the shootings. but by all means, bring your guns!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Speaking of stupid P.C. BS involving trenchcoats, anyone remember the massive controversy that Dogma riled up. Not only because it was "blasphemous" but also because the renegade angels wore trenchcoats, and delivered judgement. Kevin Smith mentions it in the audio commentary, that Dogma premiered at Cannes just shortly after Columbine happened.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

JediTricks - after your ERT member pops the terrorist, make sure to have him exclaim "STOP! POLICE!" so that the bystanders/witnesses will remember he said that (they'll remember he said it BEFORE he capped the guy, believe it or not) and he won't be subjected to as tough an internal investigation!

Seriously, though, is anyone putting an "Armed Terrorist" on their Christmas list? Why would they make that in the first place? Is there a limited edition 2 pack with him and Osama bin Laden? Come on. The only thing that figure is good for is target practice, real or imaginary.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Originally posted by jjreason
    JediTricks - after your ERT member pops the terrorist, make sure to have him exclaim "STOP! POLICE!" so that the bystanders/witnesses will remember he said that (they'll remember he said it BEFORE he capped the guy, believe it or not) and he won't be subjected to as tough an internal investigation!

Seriously, though, is anyone putting an "Armed Terrorist" on their Christmas list? Why would they make that in the first place? Is there a limited edition 2 pack with him and Osama bin Laden? Come on. The only thing that figure is good for is target practice, real or imaginary.
    Since you mentioned it jjreason, they actually have an Osama bin Laden figure on the market right now. How sick is that? Makes me wonder again what the world is coming to.