Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've never actually played Power Battles, it's really cheap in a shop near me. I might get it.
    Is SW Tales bad? It's so expensive, I thought it looked good!
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Darth Evil, I'm not sure if my judgement of Star Wars Tales Vol. 1 would be valid or not, seeing as I'm not really a fan of EU stuff. Sorry. There are a couple of nicely-drawn (one may have been painted) Darth Vader stories, but they really weren't enough to redeem the purchase for me.
    My name is Oobie Doob Badoobie.
    What's your middle name?
    Scooby Dooby.
    Oobie Doob Scooby Dooby Badoobie?

There just a bunch of storys in one issue. like the one I bought (Cause the Cover was cool) had a little story about C-3PO saving a supply ship from prites (cool) A story of Vilmarh Grahrk (pretty cool), one of Han telling Anakin a bed time story "The Hand of Luke Sykwalker." (Funny, Goofy crudd) and some other stuff they where all short. If you buy Comics ofthen then SW tales is something to pick up if no other comic comes out that month.
    E.U Keeps the dream alive. After EPS 3 the Haters will come crawling To our universe.

Re: Darth Maul's backstory

I took this shot of my figures set up to show how Darth Maul eliminated much of Black Sun at the time just prior to The Phantom Menace, so that the Trade Federation could arm themselves and have droids to blockade Naboo versus having to deal with spending protection money on Black Sun who'd organized much of the pirates that plagued them.

The idea was that the Republic would raise taxes "the taxation of trade routes is in dispute..." in order to build a Republic military up, OR the Trade Federation would legally be allowed to purchase and patrol their shipments with tons of battle droids and droid fighters.

Palpatine probably originally encouraged Black Sun to pray on Nute Gunray's organization. He then appeared as Darth Sidous to Gunray, and told him that he'd make the TF legally profitable beyond Gunray's wildest dreams in order for his cooperation. He said they'd get an army - they did. He said the Senate would allow it - they did. He said they'd have profits - they did. By having Black Sun frighten the Trade Federation into arming, and by having Maul then betray Black Sun (who had no idea they were working for the Sith Lords anyway), Palpatine orchestrated his ascension for "a strong sympathy vote. I will be chancellor."

He also paved the way for arguments suggesting that the Republic should have an army - something he wanted and got in Episode 2.

Anyway, Black Sun had their best assassins and warriors face off against Darth Maul - but they were no match for a SITH!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darth maul vs1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	10122