Thread: Trilogy on DVD

Hybrid View

Question Trilogy on DVD

Any one knows when is GL planning on bringing the SW trilogy on DVD?

Thumbs up

With the EPI release...the classic trilogy is just ahead...possibly next year...
    As always...........L

The official word is still 2006. There's an interview over atThe Digital Bits that explains a bit about why the delay.

Of course, the official word on TPM until recently was 2006, so we can dream.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

no word on the original trilogy, but in my hometown paper, the dvd review of episode 1 quoted lucasfilm as saying the episode 2 and 3 dvd's will be released in a timely manner as opposed to the 2 1/2 years for episode 1 to come out. hopefully about 6 to 9 months after episode 2 is released, we'll have the dvd.

memo to lucas: the day after episode 2 is released in theatres, get your crew working on the dvd! you don't have to be there. you can still go on your traditional after film vacation.

I heard that A New Hope won't be released until Episode III comes out on DVD. Let's hope they change their mind.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    With the upcoming 25th anniversary they are going to stagger the DVD releases.

2002: Star Wars IV 25th annivesary DVD

2003: Episode II AOTC Special Edition DVD

2004: Empire Strikes Back DVD

2005: Return of the Jedi DVD

2006: Episode III DVD

2007: Star Wars Saga Super Achival Edition 15 disc set with all six movies with newly added scenes plus a comprehensive behind the scenes bonus set of discs following the progress of the saga from the beginning, including the original "making of" Shows, interviews from news programs at the time (A la NBC's Time and Again retrospectives.) And the Holiday Special and Alternate Edit of A New Hope. Retail $249.99

Then he starts Indians Jones 4...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

EP, we can always dream.

Lucas has to release AOTC and E3 more quickly than he did with TPM, since the precedent has been set. Otherwise he won't sell any VHS tapes, since everyone will know a much nicer DVD set is on the way.

BTW, derek, I wouldn't be surprised if they start work on the AOTC DVD before the theatrical release. That's not at all uncommon.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I can't even imagine the work they have ahead for themselves on these films. I'm sure all of the reference material is badly deteriorated and will need years of restoration before Uncle George will even give the green light to the OT/SET DVDs.

They will have to scour the archives and sort through all the production stills, behind the scenes footage and pre-production material to even come close to what they included on the TPM DVD. YOW!!!
    I am hoping for a completed version of the Anchorhead scene, the original Cantina sequence, the Wampa pen scenes and the Sandstorm scene.

It would be great to see the OT scenes next to the SET scenes kinda the way they showed the storyboards/animatics/finished film section.

Nevertheless... I can't wait... but I WILL, because I want it to be done properly!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**