Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Stormtroopers accuracy

If the stromtroopers are as accurate as Ben Kenobi implies in ANH, how come they always miss when firing at Luke, Leia, etc.

(Moderator Note - This whole thread contains potential spoilers and conjecture that may lead to spoilers, proceed at your own risk. -JT)

Maybe the ones from Ben's past were more accurate, however with these latest batches of clones, the purity of the DNA has been compromised. Of course, no one will want to be the one to tell the Emperor that his clones are faulty so they keep it under wraps and hope no one notices.

OR, maybe a Rebel sympathizer runs the clone factory and does his/her part by making total nimrods for clones. Ever see Shindler's List? Remember the German armament company, which was a cover for harboring Jews, that never produced an actual working piece of ammunition? It can happen.
    Last edited by bigbarada; 10-19-2001 at 11:03 PM.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Because otherwise the movie would be over very quickly. It's a convenient plot device.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

We know he's a liar, maybe Old Ben is an irrepressible smartass too.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Because the original source of the clones was a poor shot too and passed this deficiency down through the many generations of cloned troopers.
    Ben was old at the time he expressed that opinion so his memory was a little clouded. he had been a hermit for a long time with lots of that spent going over and over the same thoughts daily. He convinced himself how bad the Empire was to justify to himself how he interfered in everyones life back in the old days. Plus he was trying to get the kid to like him by telling salty sea dog type tales that were aimed at impressing the youngster and making him feel that Ben was more important than he really was. When you look at the films properly, there really is no point in the inclusion of Ben's character. He serves no purpose after the cantina scene. Apart from the saber battle. but that seems to be contrived simply to allow the heros an escape mechanism.
    Getting back to the troopers. Thet are poor shots because they can't see through black lenses on a dark space station

Thumbs up

They could never see out of there helmets so they just shot everywhere.
    Khoo-Ha...Please Pass The Jelly.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    Because the original source of the clones was a poor shot too and passed this deficiency down through the many generations of cloned troopers.
    Hey leave Jango Fett alone! He may not be able to shot straight but he sure is cool
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Exclamation

It was a test of Luke's Force abilities. Anyone in the SW universe knows Stormtroopers' aims are so bad; even a blind Tauntaun is more precise. Ben said it to see if Luke was paying attention, and if he had any sense. Luke's reaction? Whining and being "reckless."
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 10-21-2001 at 07:52 PM.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Stormtroopers did manage to shoot three main characters in the original trilogy (C3PO (on Bespin), Leia & R2D2 (on Endor)). What I wonder more about is why their armor doesn't protect them from stick-wielding teddy-bears? I wonder how many stormtroopers died while trying to stop that sandcrawler and ANH, since Jawas had guns and plenty of heavy scrap metal to throw out of the windows.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Originally posted by ThomasLane
    What I wonder more about is why their armor doesn't protect them from stick-wielding teddy-bears?

I wonder how many stormtroopers died while trying to stop that sandcrawler and ANH, since Jawas had guns and plenty of heavy scrap metal to throw out of the windows.
    Well try on some of that armor and get someone to throw big heavy rocks onto you and get them to hit you with big sticks I bet you'll understand after that

The sandtroopers would have used those big guns they carrey to shot down anything in there way
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious