View Poll Results: SEE THE IMAGE BEFORE YOU VOTE!

Voters
564. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd like to see a modern version of the one Kenner made before.

442 78.37%
  • No, I think the figures in the Rebel Pilots 3-pack were enough.

86 15.25%
  • I don't think so. Let's see figures from the Prequel Movies only for a while.

36 6.38%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Should Hasbro make a Human B-wing Pilot?

SEE THIS IMAGE BEFORE YOU VOTE!

As promised, in a slowly continuing series of polls to examine whether our readers want all the vintage figures remade for the modern collection, this week we look at the vintage B-wing Fighter Pilot.

Previously:

89% of our readers voted YES for a modern version of General Madine.

88% of our readers voted YES for a new action figure for Romba the Ewok.

and

93% of our readers voted YES for a new version of the Imperial Dignitary

There are about 15 figures at the most, which existed as Kenner Star Wars figures from the 1980's that Hasbro has not remade in an all new likeness of.

So should Hasbro add a modern version of the B-Wing Fighter Pilot to our present-day collections?

Look at the image before you vote, then select an answer, and then we'll talk about "why" or "why not?"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails b-wing pilot poll.jpg  
    Last edited by Tycho; 08-19-2002 at 01:44 AM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm up for it. Infact since Hasbro wants to do more army building sets they could take the current B-Wing pilot and just mold the outfit in red and do various generic headsculpts. I wouldn't mind seeing the fan club offer a pack of 4. Even if they just took the Bespin Guard, Naboo Royal Guard, and both Saga Endor Rebel Soldier heads and used them on the B-Wing pilot body.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

They cannot just take the current B-wing pilot and mold his body in a red uniform and just add different heads.

The current B-wing pilot is a Sullustan, and no matter how cool that is to get an alien pilot with a helmet that's removeable (nice job Hasbro!), Sullastans are typically short.

In ROTJ, the only alien fighter pilots I think we saw at all were Sollustan.

In the Expanded Universe, the pilots (mostly Rogue Squadron) also included Mon Calamarians, Quarren, Twi'leks, Rodians, Gand, and Bith amongst others. First, only Gands are typically shorter, so the Sullustan body could work there (possibly). Now having these pilots with removeable helmets would be cool (in my opinion) BUT THEY ARE NOT MOVIE CHARACTERS - and Hobbie and Janson are most noticably missing from Rogue Squadron in the first place, and they ARE movie characters.

(also, the most famous Gand pilot is Qorl Qygg, same species as bounty hunter Zuckuss, but Corran Horn's wingman. And he's in an X-wing uniform, not a B-wing one - so the head swap wouldn't work there either).

Again, the same thing goes for using the B-wing uniformed body we have now, by Hasbro or even customizers (unless you're making a short human with your Naboo Guardsman's head, etc.)

Now here's a picture of the REAL Arvel Crynyd!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails arvel crynyd.jpg  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

As you can see, the A-wing pilot above (Arvel Crynyd) wears the Green Squadron uniform. Green Group was an all- A-wing Unit.

Here is a B-wing pilot. B-wings were in Gold Squadron, though their command was taken over by General Lando Calrissian who outranked Losh Habra, the former Gold Leader, who's pictured here in the distinct B-wing uniform. Gold squadron did NOT wear Gold uniforms, though you could say Lando's tan General's uniform, or perhaps some gold General's rank pins I hadn't noticed were gold...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gold8.jpg  

The figure it's self isn't that short though, comparing it to other figures. So I don't see a big problem with doing it as I suggested. It's probably the only way you will every get a human B-Wing pilot. If they have to do that to ensure one gets made, I won't be complaining. Especially since quite a few POTF2 figures are out of scale anyway.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Some say the current figure of a human pilot that we have in red, is our first Asian Star Wars action figure (released before the Bespin Guard ever was). That may be true, but Asian pilots that were more obvious included 2 Y-WING PILOTS from Grey Squadron including Gray Leader and this fellow here, Lt. Hsu (Grey 3):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grey4.jpg  

A Black pilot figure would also add some more accuracy to any Battle of Endor flight group. This fighter pilot here was also a member of Rogue Squadron who was KIA at Endor. This is Mak Case, X-WING FIGHTER PILOT, designated Rogue 4:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rogue4.jpg  

I vote YES. I think that Hasbro should remake vintage Kenner stuff. They need to remake the figs and vehicles that they HAVE NOT DONE YET. I'm tired of them making 100 versions of Darth Maul and and yet another version of the X-wing and Landspeeder when they still need to make the Sandcrawler and Escape Pod.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

Well... although not representative of the actual B-Wing pilots as appeared on ROTJ the Rebel Pilots CSP figures do quite well for me. Still, if Hasbro goes on and makes a new carded B-Wing pilot of course I'll get my hands on a few.

Now... as far as pilots are concerned a remake of the Twin-pod Cloud Car which included both pilots as pack-ins would be suh-weeeeeeeeeet!
    Hard to see, the dark side is.

Make way! Make way! Big Starfighter pilot fan comin through.

My vote is a big fat YES, and Hasbro shouldn't just stop at a B-wing pilot. I want to see figures for Red Leader, Wes, Hobbie, Zev, the real Arvel or maybe Tycho (he was the A-wing pilot who flew out of the death star to draw away some TIEs, no?) and a Y-wing pilot in gray overalls.

Having rebel pilots of different races would be cool too....while we're at it, let's also have a female one.