Threaded View

Post The Two Towers and Return of the King **SPOILERS!!!**

Just wanted to discuss some things with people who have read the books without ruining it for anyone trying to avoid spoilers.

First off, some shocking news (to me at least); I've just heard that the Shelob's Lair sequence has been moved to ROTK, so it won't be the climax of TTT like I thought it would. At first I was a little disappointed, but the more I think about it the more comfortable I am with the idea.

Think about all the stuff that TTT has to cover: intros of Gollum, Eomer, Faramir, Theoden, Treebeard, Wormtongue and Eowyn; the Ents marching on Isenguard (which I've heard has been filmed but no one knows yet if it will be in the final cut); the Window on the West and Forbidden Pool scenes; Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli's hunt for Merry and Pippin; all this and a 50 minute battle at Helm's Deep. So I am pretty sure that PJ made the right decision with Shelob's Lair.

Now for some ideas about ROTK: How do you suppose PJ will handle the entire Scouring of the Shire plotline? Once Gollum dies with the Ring and the Hobbits head home, do you think the movie will immediately cut to Frodo and Bilbo's journey West with Gandalf and Elrond? Or will we see Saruman's destruction of the Shire out of spite, like in the book? I'm pretty sure we will see it in some respect, unless PJ plans to rewrite Saruman's death completely (remember he is stabbed by Wormtongue while in the Shire).

Well, that's all for now, if anyone is interested in joining the LOTR toy and movie discussion at www.lordoftheringsguide.com , I go by the name Son of Gloin in the forums there.

One last thing, for anyone wondering if the Oliphaunts would make it into the film, well here is a pic of a dead one (look at the size of that thing!):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oliphaunt_lg.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	3420