Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need Help with Vintage Collection.

My girlfriend were out antique shopping in a little town near where I live this weekend and I happened upon a vintage Star Wars Action Display Stand from 78. This stand also included all of the original 12 back figures. Here is my quandry, while all of the figures appeared to be in great condition, (i.e. no yellowing), none of them had accessories beyond the capes. (i.e. no lightsabers, guns, etc...) How much would this collection be worth? I am only asking in order to guage what type of opening offer I could make. (IMO that asking price is way too much.) Any Help with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

i'd give him $75 bucks no more no less
    need vintage parts and weapons

I'd say maybe $60 since the guns and Lightsabers are missing. Are you sure the sabers are missing? The 3 sabers in question are concealed in the arms and telescope outwards. They do however come out, but why someone would take them out is beyond me. Hope that helps.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Captain Trips
    If all of the weapons are missing, I would probably say you could get in a bit lower, maybe $50-60, but like Boss Nass said, definitely no more than $75.

Thanks for the info. I thought that the asking price was way too steep.

Was it a small head or big head Han Solo? White Bear or Grey Beard Obi Wan? Brown Hair or Yellow Hair Luke? These variations would make this item a little more disirable. Surely the antique guy isnt' aware of such variations, but it would be worth more. The prices listed above are good, but that's just over $6 a figure. So, that's not to bad for mint loose figures w/o weapons. I'm sure you know weapons can be bought for a cheep price on the internet. I have a luke sabe that's mint I'd sell you for a couple of bucks if you end up getting it. That makes the value of that luke go way up
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Thanks for the offer, but I have had a hard time talking him down to a reasonalbe price. (BTW his original price as listed is $500.00) I found this in a large tourist area and many of the "antique" dealers in this area a known to the locals as being very inflexible about their prices. I think that I am going to take an alternate route and get these figures separately ( I know a place where I can get them for 2 to 3 bucks incomplete and 10 to 20 complete.) and then try to find the action stand on its own. ( I saw one on ebay for about 30 bucks a couple of days ago.)

Was it a small head or big head Han Solo? White Bear or Grey Beard Obi Wan? Brown Hair or Yellow Hair Luke? These variations would make this item a little more disirable. Surely the antique guy isnt' aware of such variations, but it would be worth more. The prices listed above are good, but that's just over $6 a figure. So, that's not to bad for mint loose figures w/o weapons. I'm sure you know weapons can be bought for a cheep price on the internet. I have a luke sabe that's mint I'd sell you for a couple of bucks if you end up getting it. That makes the value of that luke go way up

Whoa $500.00. That's nuts . I hate it when people/dealers have star wars stuff that they think is valuable that really aren't. You'd figure after months or years of not selling something you'd come down a bit in price. Those are 12 nice figure but in no way are they worth $45 each. That's such a joke .

Hey, can you get me a Liea from ANH for 2-3 without her weapon? Just thought I'd ask

Originally posted by icatch9

Whoa $500.00. That's nuts . I hate it when people/dealers have star wars stuff that they think is valuable that really aren't. You'd figure after months or years of not selling something you'd come down a bit in price. Those are 12 nice figure but in no way are they worth $45 each. That's such a joke .
    yea!, they always put the price of a "mint on mint card" for a loose figure with no weapons!
    You could get a price guide book or mag. and show him (ToyFare has a Price guide and a Graph to grade your figures by)what they are worth NOT being "MINT OR COMPLETE"and bargan with him from there!
    NOTE:
    Action Display Stand "MINT LOOSE" = $90.00
    Obi-Wan(Ben)Kenobi "MINT LOOSE" = $25.00
    C3-P0 "MINT LOOSE" = $ 15.00
    Chewbacca "MINT LOOSE" = $15.00
    Darth Vader "MINT LOOSE" = $25.00
    D.S.Commander "MINT LOOSE" = $30.00
    Han Solo "MINT LOOSE" = $35.00
    Jawa "MINT LOOSE" = $30.00
    Luke "MINT LOOSE" = $35.00
    Leia "MINT LOOSE" = $35.00
    R2-D2 "MINT LOOSE" = $ 15.00
    Sand People "MINT LOOSE" $25.00
    Stormtrooper "MINT LOOSE" = $15.00

SO.........$390.00 MAX for perfect MINT brand new stuff!!!!!
    Not perfect figures and missing accessories only get 40-50%
    of list price. you should pay only $150.00 or LESS! Because you are buying it all $75-$100 sounds good to me!

A price guide would help, but I've found that these kinds of sellers are stubborn and wouldn't listen anyway. Still even price guide prices are a little high. You couldn't get that price out of mint loose stuff on ebay (wich is IMO the fairest judge of value for any item). Heck I got a mint C10 loose Vintage ANH Luke at a toy show for $7.00. He didn't have his saber, but that could be gotten for $3.00. So that's only $10 for something that books for $35+. So, even price guides are high.