Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Smile Something's Better Than Nothing

I have a personal, albeit expensive, rule I adhere to when buying and collecting Hasbro Star Wars toys: "If I buy this silly re-issued ship or re-painted action figure sculpt, it lets Hasbro know I am still interested no matter what it is and they'll keep making stuff and every so often throw in something cool we've never seen - like Ephant Mon or Ellors Madak." The way I see it, everytime I (and everyone like me) buy something like the re-issued AT-ST/Speeder Bike set, it means the Hasbro cycle will continue.

The cycle goes something like this: something old (re-issued AT-ST), something new (Shmi Skywalker), something borrowed (Ewok sculpt re-painted), something blue (as in, that's how I feel every time I hear there's yet another Luke or Han coming - Bacta Tank excluded!). Three out of four in this cycle isn't great. But, after all, it is Star Wars, and in that case, one of four is plenty.

Thumbs up

Well, that is what we have learned from Habro. That's just the way it is. Another factor, is if we do not buy these, (although i actually like this) we may not get the other vehicles we want. (Shuttle, etc.) Still, like I said earlier I like this peice, as well as the crashed snowspeeder.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Unhappy not terribly impressed

I am not terribly impressed with this new set. It looks like the same vehicles that have already been released twice before except they threw a scarf on an Ewok. I will probably buy it though.

Can't wait to see the packaging. Since I wasn't collecting when the last ATST came out, I don't have one. The only thing I have to do now is find a place in my colection to put this thing.
    The power of the force

I am looking forward to getting an AT-ST (FINALLY)!

However, I don't hold much hope for the pack-in "Exclusive figure" as most of them are junk anyway. I guess an Ewok is cool, though I would have prefered another figure to go along with it.

I always thought a Han Solo with removable AT-ST helmet would be cool to have with an AT-ST. Since it is one of the last Han Solo figures Hasbro has yet to produce you would think it'd be a shoe-in!

I already have the speeder bike, but another one for dioramas would be cool, especially since we now have the POTJ Scout Troopers!

I love opening up the ships/vehicles!
    May the force be with you.

Originally posted by jawa9
    Can't wait to see the packaging.
    Did you see the prototype box?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

The Ewok figure is pretty nice looking. Make its eyes any bigger and you could include it in the "precious SW moments" line from Hasbro.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

wooohoooo

Finally!!!

It's been almost a year (I think) since I first saw this mock up posted on one of the sites (TK-421), but finally!

Yeeeeeehhaaaaaawwww

Thumbs up

I'll buy it!!! An AT-ST, a speeder bike and paploo cant do any harm to my collection...on the contrary!!

Now Teebo is coming also...

We still are missing Warok, Romba, Chief chirpa and Lumat. 4 to go hasbro!!
    As always...........L

Also thanks to Sirsteve for posting a link to this thread from within your article you posted
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious