Thumbs up Nightmare on Elm Street Prequel!!!!

Anyone heard anything more????

Actually I have.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With the completion of shooting for Freddy vs Jason, and how well it's said to have went, it seems more than likely that we'll see the prequel to Nightmare on Elm Street get off the ground....

Before I show you the goods, I want to clarify that nothing is confirmed in this, and that I do not know the person who emailed me, for all I know this could be just rumor and speculation, so keep that in mind.

One of our members emailed me (Katesaddiction) and had some interesting news revolving around Nany's Father in the Nightmare on Elm Street series, John Saxon....

"I know someone who went to John Saxon's acting seminar recently and Saxon says he'll be reprising his role for an ELM STREET prequel. I recall he played the cop in the first one. anyway he said its coming out after Freddy versus Jason and will have all the usuals in it. is this old news to you?"

To answer her question for everyone, yes this is old RUMORED news, but it's awesome to hear something fresh, which keeps our hopes alive! Click here for news we posted last JANUARY about the Nightmare on Elm Street prequel.
    Last edited by scruffziller; 12-12-2002 at 11:06 AM.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Dear God no....please stay as rumor...don't get made...don't get made...don't get made....

John Saxon's best film is still "mitchell!" (pardon me, mitchell!!)
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

hmm..........
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

MITCHELL!!!!
    Joe Don Baker Rules!
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
    MITCHELL!!!!
    Joe Don Baker Rules!

I wonder why they never made Mitchell 2........

And Joe Don Baker freakin' rocks the house!!!!!

I am hoping they cast him in Episode III.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

"You guys watch old Joe Don Baker movies?"
    "ah, get back to work, temp boy!!"

I would probably soil myself if Joe Don got into Episode III. I think he would make a great Sith Lord!!! He could have a climatic duel with another Jedi!!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Not that I believe they'll make this movie anyway, but . . . .

Lame.
    I'm a fan of the Elm Street flix, but the idea of a prequel is even more absurd than another sequel. They showed enough flashbacks in the films as it is; there would be no point in making a prequel when much of it has been put on film already.

Wes Craven has officially shot down the rumors that he will be involved with a prequel. However, Ronny Yu who has done Freddy Vs Jason wants to get the first shot at the director's chair for the Elm Street Prequel if it is done.
    Robert Englund has also expressed an interest as either directing or procucing the prequel.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Speaking of "prequels", I read in Entertainment Weekly that one of the scrapped plotlines for FvJ was to make Freddy the killer of Jason as a child way back . . . whenever Jason died. LAME.