Hybrid View

Lightbulb Lighting Effects 101

To give your work a much more dramatic effect, the correct lighting to reflect the scene is a must! Take a look at

Padme's run lighted

and the attached image which was taken from the same angle without it! Pay close attention to the shadows where you'll get a clue as to the source of the lights.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	padmebasic.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	3446  
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Thats awsome, just like in photography, lighting is a big key!
    Why use The Force for Good.....When using it for Evil pays so much better......

Wow! What a difference! I ought to experiment with lighting sometime. Thanks for the tip, I didn't know what a difference it made.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

ACPin, Looks great with the lighting!
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

I knew that you'd all see the light! * pun intended *

After I did the custom lighted CFC playset, there was no going back on plain dioramas without the appropriate lighting effects.

However, it does take a lot of practice and patience to be able to do it and get the effect on the picture. Good thing that I have a digital videocam where I can see right away if I've captured the effect that I want.

Good luck on your works and don't forget to post!
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

I used lighting effects on my Theed Duel Diorama (A bit blurry since I had to turn the flash off). Check it out! There are some comparison shots, and even though they're blurrier, the shots with lighting look much better, in my opinion.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

Originally posted by Darth Sidious
    I used lighting effects on my Theed Duel Diorama (A bit blurry since I had to turn the flash off). Check it out! There are some comparison shots, and even though they're blurrier, the shots with lighting look much better, in my opinion.
    That's another reason why I use my videocam since I can take the pics without any flash at all.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

Very cool stuff!
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Originally posted by SirSteve
    Very cool stuff!
    Thanks! You should drop by more often.

Here's an example of using colored filters in lighting to simulate the water effect (just like in the movies).

Opee and Gungan Sub
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor