Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Your thoughts on removable saber blades.

What do you think about the removable saber blades? Do you like them? Hate them? Or are you indifferent? I personally hate them. I hate them more than gimmicks. I'm sick of them bending, I'm sick of them breaking, I'm sick of them falling out. Why can't they just give us a handle and an ignited saber? They could stop with the gimmicks and save a bit of money to make normal saber handles. There's my rant, now what do you think?
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

I don't like them either. My son's DM soft goods blade kept coming out and then finally snapped off in the lightsaber rendering it useless.

I'd also prefer an ignited blade and a handle you can stick on their belts.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I'm gald someone agrees with me. Honestly, I am frightened to use Bespin Vader's slashing attack on that walkway piece. I don't think that blade can take much more. And Bespin Luke's blade is permanently bent, which makes it look ridiculous.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

I don't have any problems with mine eccept with Luminara's saber blade falling out- when I don't even touch it. But I'll have to agree with you because Hasbro quality on stability has gone way down hill.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

After years of bent lightsabers, broken lightsabers, weak belt pegs, and now broken lightsaber pegs, I don't know what the best route is anymore.

Maybe metal handles and screw-on blades (edit: also metal), with a clip on the belt (two small holes in the handle to attach it)
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

I really love them, myself, ever since that very first Maul Final Duel had one removable beam. I've had trouble with the plastic-hilted removable-beam sabers, but none with the metal (which I prefer anyway). The only alternative I can see that makes everyone happy is every figure coming with an ignited AND sheathed saber (yeah right, Hasbro ).
    My name is Oobie Doob Badoobie.
    What's your middle name?
    Scooby Dooby.
    Oobie Doob Scooby Dooby Badoobie?

i like/dislike them. they break off to easy when you drop them...espacially yoda! they need to make they alot sturdier....
    h
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

I would liek to see ignited sabers and just handles with each Jedi.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Originally posted by TheFrankEinstein
    The only alternative I can see that makes everyone happy is every figure coming with an ignited AND sheathed saber (yeah right, Hasbro ).

The Episode 1 Naboo Jedi (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon) came that way, and it was a pretty nice method. But the paint on the handles always rubs off after a few days. That's another benefit of metal sabers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ep1quigonnaboo.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	3448  
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.