Hybrid View

Dallas/Fort Worth Area Show Season Not Over Yet!

Well, for what it's worth, here's the line-up for shows that I know of in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area:

THIS WEEKEND! AUGUST 24-25, 2002!
    Sci-Fi Expo and Toy Show, Plano, TX
    This one is being touted as the "Retro TV and Movie" show and will feature guests from TV and movies of the distant and recent past. Guests include:

Ken Osmond, Leave it to Beaver's Eddie Haskel
    Angela Cartwright and Mark Goddard of Lost in Space
    Kathy Garver, Cissy of Family Affiar
    Jon Provost of Lassie fame
    Gerard Chrisopher, Superboy from the 80's TV series
    Richard Herd and Paul Boehmer - both Star Trek guest stars
    Veronica Cartwright, Lambert in the movie Alien

And of course, the STAR WARS guests:
    Rena Owen, the voice of Taun We
    Amy Allen, last minute casting addition Aayla Secura

Then two weeks later!
    There is a small toy and comic show, probably consisting of little more than a dealer room, but it is FREE ADMISSION being held in Cleburne, TX (South of Fort Worth) at the Civic Center. I spoke with the promoter who said they were hosting a "battle of the bands" that night at the center. Since they had to rent it for the whole day regardless, they figured, "why not have a toy and comic show too!" Check it out if you can, it's free!

And now, the big one!
    October 11-13, 2002 in Plano
    Dallas Comicon!
    This is the one to save up for kids! Carrie Fisher will be there as a long-awaited special guest! Other guests include TV's Shazam and Isis (All Mighty Isis!) Jackson Bostwick and Joanna Cameron, Traci Lords, and a slew of comic book related guests.
    And JediCole will be celebrating his birthday on Saturday, October 12th with free cookies for all who attend (while supplies last), prize give-aways, and other surprises. You will be able to spot our tables (those of A Piece of the Action Collectibles) as I am finally going to invest in one of those party canisters of helium and blow up a couple of dozen of the bright red Star Wars balloons I have a couple of hundred of laying around here. Come meet JediCole, Mrs. JediCole, DingoDad, and (hopefully) even Sith Worm as we (hopefully) roll out our new comic book and definitely roll out our official A Piece of the Action Collectibles t-shirt!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Okay folks, this is the weekend for the next to the last known part of the DFW area show season! Saturday, September 7th in Cleburne, Texas there is a little FREE ADMISSION show that you should attend if you can. There will probably be a few bargains to be had and it is free to go in and check it out, so why not?
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.