Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Bespin Luke - what the heck happened?!

First things first, his head. I assume it's the head off of the Tatooine Luke (I assume because I don't have the Tatooine Luke), and it doesn't resemble the older Mark Hamill in the least. Secondly, his blaster has those huge ring things on it, I can only guess it's to help his gigantic rubber hands grip it. But the point of the thread -

Why are his fatigues green? Is this some sort of error that was corrected later in the run? The photograph on Tony DiTerlizzi's customs page shows more appropriate brown fatigues, and he doesn't mention altering the color. So I understand that the yellow hair on my Luke isn't a global standard, but are the green fatigues? And don't even get me started on the boots.
    My name is Oobie Doob Badoobie.
    What's your middle name?
    Scooby Dooby.
    Oobie Doob Scooby Dooby Badoobie?

i don't have a problem with the color of luke's outfit. mine is greyish-tan, just like the movie version, and the boots are OK, they just need a weathered look.

Well dagnabbit! Mine's got sort of an olive green outfit. But I guess your response answers my over-all question, Derek, in whether or not olive-green was the only color he was released with. Thanks.
    What's your middle name?
    Scooby Dooby.

frank,

if you aren't happy with the color, you can change it. i recently bought a blue box WW2 british soldier because the uniform is exactly like the one luke wore in episode 5, except for one pocket on his leg. the only problem is that is is olive drab. well, after 5 bleaching cycles in the washing machine, one grey dye job and one tan dye job, i have the perfect outfit for my custom luke figure.(thanks to super serg)

you could easily dye the hasbro outfit in the same manner.
    i'll post a pic when i get another camera battery.

The strangest thing is, that the outfit is actually the correct color. Luke's Bespin fatigues are not actually tan, but khaki. It's a similar situation with Han: Hoth's coat. When movies are filmed, the camera and lighting can alter the color of things. So while the actual prop costume is Khaki, it looks tan on film. I remember Hasbro mentioning that in a Q&A ages ago.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

JarJar, your vast amount of Star Wars knowledge amazes me!!!
    Urban Exploration - It's a rush!

jar jar,

aren't tan and khaki just about the same color?

They are close, but khaki has a greenish tint to it. The film camera, lighting, and filters that were used, removes that color and makes it look like a tan color.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thanks for the tip, Derek. If I can build up the courage, I'll give it a shot

And Jar Jar, this isn't khaki we're talking about here, it's, literally, olive green. Yikes. I'll get a picture later.
    What's your middle name?
    Scooby Dooby.

hey frank,

if you mess it up, no big deal. you should be able to find a MIB bespin luke on ebay for under $15. and i swapped out the luke head from "hoth luke" for this figure. it looks a lot better than the yellow hair version.