View Poll Results: SSG Battle of the Machines FINALS! - Fight TWO!

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jango Fett's Slave One takes the Bounty!

136 52.51%
  • The Imperial TIE Bomber Blasts them all!

123 47.49%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The slave one is awesome but i will stick to my imperial ties and go for the bomber. you cant build an army without air support

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Hmmmmmmmm....TIE Bomber. Hasbro actually making a new ship instead of slumming off Kenner's old molds? How often does THAT happen? Not very.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Do people out there STILL think that the new Slave One is based on molds of the old one?

It's so NOT.

People saying that do not have the vehicle (or they don't open it in which case they can't possibly appreciate it).

Jango's Slave One is an entirely new mold. The ships are only barely close in identical size because Hasbro was attempting to keep their respective scales accurate.

(the ship would be too big to do on a real 1:1 scale I suppose, though it's pretty close, isn't it? However, if 2 versions of the ship were made in 2 different sizes, neither one realistically accurate, it'd be very wierd.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tough choice, but I picked the Bomber.

The Slave-1 is a cool toy from the looks of it, but I haven't bought one and probably won't since I've decided to stop collecting the vehicles and playsets. The TIE Bomber is the last SW ship I ever need to buy (unless we get an all new sculpt of Vader's TIE, the Interceptor or the stadard TIE; I'd even buy the 3-winged TIE if they would ever make one - and I don't even like EU!)and is my favorite vehicle overall. I think that TIE series fighters are simply the coolest looking ships in all of Star Wars and this toy is the first truly accurate version (everyone knows the faults of the vintage TIEs, and the POTF2 Vader's TIE is a shoddy, substandard piece of crap).

The lack of action features don't bother me, since the ship does exactly what it did in the movie: drops bombs. Anything else (laser cannons, firing missiles) is just EU and doesn't affect my opinion of the ship. And who cares if the bomb dropping mechanism isn't complicated enough? It's simple, it works every time. What more do you want?

Of course, electronic flyby sounds would have been nice; but Hasbro has never released a TIE fighter with electronics (even though the TIEs have the most distinctive flyby sound in all of sci-fi ) and Jango's Slave-1 doesn't have them either, so it doesn't affect my vote.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

BigB, what don't you like about the POTF2 Vader's Tie Fighter. It's pretty much movie accurate, and re-sculpted from Vintage version. They gave it the big wedge shaped backend and the missles are hidden pretty well in the wing struts.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

It's a close one, I think I'll go with the Slave I and that's only because I like the way it flys .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    BigB, what don't you like about the POTF2 Vader's Tie Fighter. It's pretty much movie accurate, and re-sculpted from Vintage version. They gave it the big wedge shaped backend and the missles are hidden pretty well in the wing struts.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Where to start:

1. the coloring is wrong, Vader's TIE was light grey not that hideous shade of blue

2. the detailing was pathetic, the 1978 vintage toys were more detailed

3. the circular window was too small which puzzled me, because I just assumed that Kenner would simply reuse the standard TIE Fighter's window. So they either tried to resculpt the window and got it totally wrong or made the cockpit too big.

4. the top hatch stuck up too high from the body of the ship, if you look at the prop, the top hatch is flush with the body.

5. finally, the action features, they wouldn't have bothered me except for all the other glaring flaws of this ship.

Sure the vehicle was resculpted and an improvement over the vintage version, but it looked more like a vehicle you would see released with the Spider-Man toy line from the early 90s, terrible detailing and substandard workmanship. The Action Fleet version is still the best.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis