View Poll Results: SSG Battle of the Machines FINALS! - Fight TWO!

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jango Fett's Slave One takes the Bounty!

136 52.51%
  • The Imperial TIE Bomber Blasts them all!

123 47.49%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

SSG Battle of the Machines FINALS! - Fight 2 of 2

The last fight of the SSG Battle of the Machines Finals now begins to take its course!

Dang do we have a powerful matchup for you for this fight!

It's the GALACTIC EMPIRE'S TIE BOMBER vs. JANGO FETT'S SLAVE ONE!

Some people are going to have a tough time deciding who they are going to root for!

One of the top most anticipated sculpts of a classic Starfighter ship that was never made before while fans waited 22 years to see this ship produced, and now it comes out at a great size, a pack-in figure, and some heavy firepower....

OR

A totally new re-molding of one the most popular bounty hunter's starcraft, with an all-new paint scheme, room for 3 action figures, and with the most working-action firepower of any Star Wars toy ever produced!

The Imperial Navy's TIE BOMBER was only just released about five months ago. It is getting harder to locate for many collectors who never found this ship, though online stores seem to have obtained a stock of them. Meanwhile, a brand new original body sculpt featuring twin body-pods and great details contributes to this first-time ever offering of this awesome vehicle from "The Empire Strikes Back!" The ship is quite a good sized vehicle and features an opening cockpit that holds one TIE Pilot action figure that's included! The difference between this figure and the carded one released in 1996 would be jointed knees, but it's equivalent to the pilot that comes with this year's Toys R Us exclusive, the Interceptor. Meanwhile, the TIE Bomber is a Wal*Mart Exclusive that makes a blast on the collectors' sites with 3 detailed plasma bombs that are gravity activated from a firing control on top of the ship's weapons module! The TIE Bomber defeated Darth Vader's advanced TIE Fighter 91-76 to be here. It also carried about 54% of the vote in its victory. Prior to that, the Bomber knocked the B-wing out of the competition before moving on to the Quarterfinals. Only recently, the TIE Bomber just barely defeated the TIE Interceptor winning by only 4 votes (82-78) and a bare 51%!!!! But the warriors posting comments in that thread would seem to support the TIE Bomber enough that it was clear who the victor was in this really close match to call. Now we'll see if the Bomber can hold its own against Slave One!

The 3 seat Firespray Class patrol and attack craft is packed by Jango Fett with lots of hidden features. To start with, "there's no tracking all of them!" If you manage to attach a tracking device onto the hull of Slave-One, it's onboard systems will detect it and by flipping a pannel on the toys fuselage, you can instantly destroy any detection devices, or repair the ship to "brand new." What's more impressive is the firepower packed in this baby! After manually rotating the craft's stabalizer wings into flight position for fast manuevering, hit the hidden weapons control knob to pop open a secret hatch to reveal a quadruple firing rapid launching missle system! And it really works! Extra missles are stored in the back so you can reload quickly so that you always find the firepower you will need to hunt Jango Fett's prey. But sometimes you gotta scare them out of their wits a little - that's ok too. Slave One comes with 4 rapid release plasma charges that can also be deployed like space mines just in case it gets a little harder to pin point your quarry. Or if the contract says dead-or-alive, use them in combination with the missles to just blast them into one big disintegration! It's tough to outmatch or outgun Hasbro's all-new Slave-One!" This ship beat its pilot's own son's ship, Boba Fett's Slave-One 109-44 to storm ahead with 71% of the vote. Previously, this ship killed Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter 71-42, carrying 62% of the vote in a tougher match for Slave-One during the Preliminaries. In its latest match in the Semi-Finals, Jango's Slave One really shot down Padme Amidala in her Naboo Fighter 150-49, making short work of them and even their electronics, by carrying off 75% of the votes as bounty!

Which one of these Hasbro's Galaxy Conquerors can be stopped?

Who's going to take the Best Starship Title into the Championship to decide the best Hasbro Star Wars vehicle ever made?

Will it be the TIE BOMBER or JANGO FETT'S SLAVE-ONE????????

You will decide NOW!

1....2....3 - --- FIGHT!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tie bomber vs slave one.jpg  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The Jango Fett Slave 1 is an excellent ship, but I have to go with the TIE Bomber. It's a ship that almost everyone has been asking for since the 80's. Especially since Kenner made one in the small die-cast series, but never made a full sized one for figures.

So how can I deny what I've wanted for 20 some years, for a brand new ship. Sorry, but while the Slave 1 is the best E2 ship, atleast until the Gunship shows up, it still doesn't match the coolness of the TIE Bomber.

They both are excellently sculpted. And the Slave 1 does have alot of excellent play features, and greatly improves on the crappy Boba's Slave 1. They really need to take the Jango version and re-paint it for Boba. But again, TIE Bomber edges out the Slave 1 on nostalgia, sculpting, and coolness factors.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Slave I is a great ship although I never got the Tie Bomber so I don't know what it's like so I'll go with Slave I.
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

I had to go with the TIE Bomber. The Slave I was a nice toy, But the Bomber is just AWESOME.
    May the force be with you.

I gotta go with the bomber.... it is my favorite ship... is fantastic... yada yada yada.... but I cant help but wonder if its rarity will hurt it..... ie nobody votes for a ship they dont own..... whereas the new slave one is everywhere these days
    A death mark is not an easy thing to live with.

The Saga Slave 1 is excellent in nearly all respects, but for coolness factor, it can't match the Tie Bomber. The detail, bomb action and pilot are all top notch and the fact that it's an OT vehicle pushes it way over the top.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I doubt anyone would not know my feelings by now:

JANGO'S SLAVE ONE is perhaps my very favorite Star Wars ship!

Nothing beats rapid fire missles, save for the fact that the compartment lets you conceal them so the ship looks authentic!

Plus the plasma charges! Just too cool.

The battle damage features and that you can attach blast effects from figures' guns to Slave One's shows they were thinking ahead. Also, Jango's backpack stores in the cockpit which has room for 3 figures - bounty and prey?

The TIE Bomber is an awesome sculpt, but it does nothing by comparison.

A lot of people don't know this because they can't find the bomber, or they don't play with their toys.

If they are "going to" get Slave-One, they haven't because it's on the shelves everywhere. Folks, it did sell. They've sold out of them before and restocked. I've noticed while I'm figure-hunting. But it also is produced in bigger quantities, so people are waiting for clearance sales (which hardly encourages retailers to want to buy more ships like this from Hasbro).

But the bottom line is we are talking about toys and Slave One is fun to play with!

A re-release with Boba's colorings and damage detailing tickles your fancy? Sure it'd be cool. But it doesn't change the coolness quotient at all on this ship, because it's already on MAXIMUM! Yeah baby Yeah!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

My vote goes for the Slave 1. While the TIE/B is a nice looking ship Hasbro continued their crummy ways by only including the bomb feature without any electronic sound f/x or lights which could have been easily done for the $30 price tag. The pilot is just a lame rehash of the TIE/I figure which in itself wasn't that great to begin with.

Although the Slave 1 doesn't come with electronics, it has room for three figures and the two pronged attack approach. In my book that beats the novelty of the TIE/B.

Regardless, both ships are good and I'm glad we finally got the TIE/B.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Ya know, I thought this was going to be a runaway. I heavily thought about voting for the Bomber. Mostly because of it's premiere issueance. But then I thought about what I have done with both ships since having them. Of course I opened both. Slave-1 I actually played with while I only looked over the bomber and put it back in it's box to be displayed at a later time.

While we can wax nostalgic over the toys of an era gone by, I decided this solely on playability, because BOTH looked cool, and finalized on Jango's smooth ride.
    Move along, move along

Originally posted by Tycho
    If they are "going to" get Slave-One, they haven't because it's on the shelves everywhere. Folks, it did sell. They've sold out of them before and restocked. I've noticed while I'm figure-hunting. But it also is produced in bigger quantities, so people are waiting for clearance sales (which hardly encourages retailers to want to buy more ships like this from Hasbro).
    I have to disagree with you on the issue of availability, Tycho. Perhaps in SD they were restocked plentifully, but I know for a fact at my local WM they were never even in the computer, and thus were never received. The only store I ever saw one in was in Cortez, CO and they had two cases worth (8 total). The reason why they had so many is, IMO, because it's in the middle of nowhere and probably no collectors livaround there. I also found Saga Yodas, DTs, and even a POTJ R2-Q5 at the same time, all of which would have been gone in any other town 20 seconds after being put out

I think the TIE/B is/was popular enough to garner most collector's attention, just that most scalpers were around to grab them first.

The apparent availability isn't enough for me to vote the TIE/B over the Slave 1. The features just aren't good enough to beat the Slave 1 in a mano a mano matchup.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas