Emperor's Wrath Darth Vader Wave

Well, here we go. I finally have all of these figs, for better or worse. So here's the low down.

Darth Vader (Emeror's Wrath) Nice sculpt. Finally a unique twist on an OLD character. Although this figure will never achieve the status of the removable helmet Vader it is a great addition to any collection. Some people hate the plastic capes, I'm sort of used to them by now.

Grade: A

Han Solo (with Stormtrooper Fashion Accessory) This is a low point in Hasbro's POTJ line. The head sculpt is AWEFUL, freakish even. I fail to see why Hasbro went with such a bad head sculpt. Personally, I would have liked to have seen the CommTech Han head re-used for this figure!
    He is stuck in an "Action Pose" that makes him a virtual statue, and Hasbro continues to use that funny plyable rubber for the gun.

Grade: D-

Luke (X-Wing Pilot) As bad as Han is, Luke is worse. First of all he is way too scrawney, even for Luke. Secondly, Hasbro decided to give him a buck-tooth appearance? The ONLY saving grace for this figure is the removable helmet.

Grade: D-
    May the force be with you.

I just picked up Vader and Han yesterday. I couldn't force myself to waste $7 on Luke. My opinions (pretty much in agreement with sith_killer):

Vader - excellent. A great sculpt. That skull inside the helmet gives it a very cool look. I heard the lightning bolts on the helmet are supposed to glow in the dark, but it didn't work for me. He could have used some of those "boomer" lightning bolts that came on the boomer damage droid as a finishing touch. I really like this figure, and my 4-year old enjoyed re-enacting the final duel and chopping off Vader's hand. A-

Han - It look me a long time to decide to buy this figure. The head sculpt is awful. It reminds me of the old "big head Han" from the vintage line. Some people don't like the action poses. I kind of like the action pose. And it is more of a two-pose figure (2-handed gun hold pose, and shoot-from-the-hip pose), both of which look decent. C (because it could have been a lot worse)

Luke - I didn't buy it. I just couldn't get over how stupid he looks. This is the worst Luke head sculpt ever, including the POTF2 head. The body sculpt was ok, but not any better than all the other X-Wing pilots that Hasbro has made. I suppose if his helmet was on, the bad head sculpt wouldn't be so obvious. The helmet detail looked fantastic though. C- (the helmet saves it)

I think Hasbro should consider re-using head sculpts like they used to. Commtech Han and Luke were much better.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Got mine about a week ago, so here goes:

EW Vader: Excellent figure, really shows what effort can be put into a figure these days. Removable hand is double cool too. Overall A.

Han: I don't mind the head sculpt that much. It isn't great, but it could've been worse. I somewhat like the action pose too. It woulld have been better if he had some more leg articulation so he didn't have to stay in an action pose. Overall C.

Luke: Terrible, those buck teeth almost stopped me from buying it. Good body sculpt though, eventhough he is a little thin. Removable helmet is really good though. Overall D.

On a side note, for those who opened there X-Wing Luke, here's a suggestion. Scratch the white paint off with your fingernail. The figure becomes 100 times better. It gets bumped up to a B then, in my case.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Luke X-Wing:
    Hands down the coolest Luke ever!! I see nothing at all wrong with the head sculpt. I definitely blows everything previously made out of the water!! Grade: A+

Han Death Star Escape:
    The pose is a little silly but the accuracy of his face more than makes up for the limited playability. Again, like the X-Wing Luke, best Han Solo head sculpt ever made! Grade: A-

Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath:
    Sorry, couldn't bring myself to buy another plastic caped Vader statue. The lightning bolt and glow-in-the-dark skull are nice touches, but in my mind this figure is a HUGE step backward from the COMMTECH Vader. Grade: D
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis